Author Topic: The future is almost here...lets regulate it!  (Read 5906 times)

JoeG

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The future is almost here...lets regulate it!
« on: February 19, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »
You got to love their response to the new 3D printers.

Lipson doesn’t make printed weapons. But for groups like Defense Distributed, a collective of 3-D printing gunsmiths which distributes firearms blueprints through its database Defcad, printable guns have been a means to directly challenge gun control legislation. Partially-printed guns have already been tested and refined by the group. In January, New York lawmakers banned magazines that hold more than seven rounds. In response, the group took to testing a printable 30-round magazine for the AR-15 rifle and named it the “Cuomo” after the state governor. The printable, plastic magazine survived after cycling through more than 300 rounds. Other hobbyists have since replicated Defense Distributed’s design.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/02/gunpowder-regulation/
“You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.” Gen. James Mattis

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: The future is almost here...lets regulate it!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 11:37:32 AM »
Joe,

Certainly you aren't suggesting that we "print" 30 round magazines, are you? That would be illegal, against the law. That would make us criminals. Can I help with the testing? Purely scientific investigation, no criminal intent!
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 11:56:30 AM »
Then again, if the government stopped us that would be a violation of the 1st Amendment!
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 01:04:47 PM »
Freedom of the press, just ask David Gregory

Respen33

• Packing IT guy
  • Forum Member
  • What round is 30 rounds if you cant hit the paper.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 06:49:43 PM »
We can put a CNN logo on them and call them PC EDITORS. Then they might giggle instead of bark...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:07:48 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 06:56:02 PM »
Just make them with a LONG follower....see?  7 rounds.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 11:14:25 PM »
Sweet lord that's going to piss them off. I love it! Tell me again how passing a law will solve the problem? Tell me you aren't creating outlaws out of honest citizens? Maybe they'll finally get it. What these people can't stand or tolerate is the idea that they aren't in control. Demonstrate their impotence and they will never forgive you. ;D

JoeG

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 09:25:23 AM »
Joe,

Certainly you aren't suggesting that we "print" 30 round magazines, are you? That would be illegal, against the law. That would make us criminals. Can I help with the testing? Purely scientific investigation, no criminal intent!

When 3d printer are illegal only criminals will have them...

I can imagine that they would try to go after anyone who downloaded the design files for these evil things. Having knowledge will be illegal.

Actually, one use would be to make replacement parts for pmag style units so your old grandfathered units never wear out. Probably not as simple as that, but if they develop a method to print plastic around a metal part with a strong bond, you could incorporate feed lips or a rifled pistol barrel or other wear parts into designs. You could even incorporate duplicated registry number plates into duplicated guns so you have 10 disposables with the same number. How would anyone know if this was the real gun or a copy.

If history is a guide then the the real use will be something we have not thought of yet but likely even more annoying to the busy body control freaks who need to tell the rest of us not to do what they secretly know they would do if they had any balls! :)
“You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.” Gen. James Mattis

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 09:28:09 AM »
The weak link in all this 3 D printing is the springs and barrels, you can't print them.

Yet.

JoeG

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 09:31:22 AM »
What these people can't stand or tolerate is the idea that they aren't in control. Demonstrate their impotence and they will never forgive you. ;D

We are way past not being forgiven! As MB keeps saying this is a culture war and like all civil wars will be extremely bloody. I have decided to start making fun of their rigidness and lack of tolerance since they fantasize that they are not that. One thing to say about CA is that it is a target rich environment for priggy hippies to laugh at.!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk