Author Topic: Knife Questions  (Read 4933 times)

lhprop1

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Knife Questions
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 03:34:14 PM »
And again I say, buy a Buck Zipper. That little hook on the blade is magic. You never have to worry about piercing an intestine. It really will open a deer or hog like a zipper.  Best $65 I ever spent. It is scary sharp and the factory will resharpen it for you as there is no way I've figured out to resharpen the hook.

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=286719&pm2d=cse-spg-15-pla&utm_source=google&utm_medium=pla&gclid=cmbtlcjijrycfquhnqodt0ia9g

I've got one.  What deer hunter doesn't?  The problem was that I forgot it. 
Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous.  So are cowardice and intelligence.

"We Americans have been a rebellious band of freedom loving vagabonds from the very beginning. Our freedom from the crown and tyranny would not exist had it not been for the gun. That's a tradition we like to hold on to.  The same can't be said for the rest of you 'Subjects of the Queen'."--said to a Canadian friend who just doesn't get it.

1Buckshot

• Monty Lucht
  • Top Forum Member
  • COMMENCE FIRING
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2013, 01:05:05 PM »
Sent my old (6 years) Kershaw Leek back for service last week. It was worn out and then some,I brook and reground the blade three times, lost screws in the frame and the last time I used it the assisted opener fell out. Well I received it back today. Came back with the same old scratched up frame with a new Blade and workings., NO CHARGE. Cant beat service like  that.

Timothy

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 02:53:23 PM »
I have bought Kershaw, Ken Onion with the spring assist for the last ten or more years.  I gave a little Scallion to my BIL because it had been relegated to the bedside drawer.  After better than 10 years, one spring replacement and a good sharpening, it still functions flawlessly and he carries it daily!  I bought the Leek a few years ago to have something smaller when I need to put on big boy pants but I carry a full size Blur every day.  I lost my first one and my kid replaced it last Christmas with the standard bladed, olive drab model.  Can't beat the design, grips easily and positively, works flawlessly, lifetime warranty, USA made and reasonably priced!

I don't really care what the law says about it anymore! 

When I called to get a replacement spring, the sweet young voice asked if I had the correct torx screw driver to remove the machine screws?  I replied that I wasn't sure and she promptly told me she'd drop the tool kit driver into the package and told me to have a nice day!  Service was outstanding...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk