Author Topic: Mental Health  (Read 4598 times)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Mental Health
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 02:45:42 AM »
Hmmm just thought this might be another way they can use to take away firearms

That is truly the goal. Always has been for these idiots.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 02:54:52 PM »
Hmmm just thought this might be another way they can use to take away firearms. 

And another thing that has to be watched incase they start taking them away under mental health acts. 

They can here in aust

Doesn't any one else know that this is exactly how the Soviets played down their Gulags.
If you were considered a "dissident were sent for "mental health exam" .
By the KGB.
If you didn't love your Govt. you must be crazy since everyone else loved the Govt.
Except the "wrecker's" who must be wiped out.
And the "Kulaks" who must be forced into the collective.
Or people who listened to Jazz.
It was Decadent .
They even controlled how big a soda you could have.
Ooop's, that's NYC .    :-\

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 09:39:28 AM »
The sell out compromise overrides an already existing law HIPPA

SEC. 117. CLARIFICATION THAT SUBMISSION OF MENTAL HEALTH RECORDS TO THE NATIONAL INSTANT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK SYSTEM IS NOT PROHIBITED BY THE HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT.
Information collected under section 102(c)(3) of the NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007 (18 U.S.C. 922 note) to assist the Attorney General in enforcing section 922(g)(4) of title 18, United States Code, shall not be subject to the regulations promulgated under section 264(c) of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (42 U.S.C. 1320d-2 note).

Just exactly "WHO" determines the status of one's mental health can be completely subject to interpretation. Like a liberally appointed assclown who hates guns...Oh that's fair and impartial.

But, you can appeal and get a "fair and impartial" review board to examine your particular case.....Good luck with that.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 09:48:38 AM »
No matter how good it sounds ANY Govt rule begs for abuse .
Here's an example .
Speed limits seem to be a good idea, right ?
Yet how many times have you been stopped by a cop on a "fishing expedition" who said "you were going a little fast", when the truth was that he just wanted to see who you were and what you were up to ?

(I will say that this is probably more common for people who work nights )

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 02:47:51 AM »
No matter how good it sounds ANY Govt rule begs for abuse .
Here's an example .
Speed limits seem to be a good idea, right ?
Yet how many times have you been stopped by a cop on a "fishing expedition" who said "you were going a little fast", when the truth was that he just wanted to see who you were and what you were up to ?

(I will say that this is probably more common for people who work nights )
Or have a REALLY deep tan, or drive an old clunker car, or.....Seriously, if I decide I want one of those antidepressants they advertise on TV is my doc going to report me and two weeks later I'm going to get a visit from the cops? Does even wondering whether taking prozac like all the cool kids mean I'm going to lose my gun rights? Will they vet my credit card bills for alcohol purchases or see if I hang out on the net with a bunch of pro-gun whack jobs or give to the wrong candidates mean I'm unstable? This isn't a slippery slope, its a trap door opening under our feet. We're worrying about mag capacity limits when to me this is the real threat. Its placing our right to keep and bear arms in the hands of medical experts. Its got "bad idea and we'll live to regret this" written all over it.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:05:36 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 07:32:25 AM »
Here's a recent article from The Heritage Foundation.

Basically the bill exempts NICS from HIPPA and NICS does not have a lot of controls to prevent it's use by other agencies for other purposes.

The STM gun control legislation eliminates any HIPAA privacy protection for mental health records in connection with the NICS system, leaving only what privacy protection the Attorney General cares to provide. The STM legislation says that information collected under the law by Attorney General Eric Holder to help him enforce the prohibition on firearms possession by mental defectives or people committed to mental institutions “shall not be subject to the regulations promulgated under section 264(c) of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (42 U.S.C. 1320d-2 note).”

http://blog.heritage.org/2013/04/12/schumer-toomey-manchin-gun-control-bill-cuts-hipaa-privacy-for-mental-health-records/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Morning%2BBell
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 06:22:50 PM »
Strike, Amend, Edit, White-Out, put in an asterisk, hell write OBTW,....

Just like the NY law that "forgot" to exclude LEO's from the 7-rd. limit,.....let me get my No. 2 Ticonderoga and just take care of that.

Freakin' clowns.....we're so (insert expletive).....
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk