Author Topic: Michael's Hard Question...  (Read 23346 times)

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Michael's Hard Question...
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2008, 09:30:27 AM »
Our local newspaper, while simply euphoric with every detail of Clinton/Obama activities, is actually publishing pro-McCain editorial opinion. "Front runner, obvious nominee, clear choice" etc..     They are wetting themselves with excitement that, in the worst case scenario of liberalism, the election of a Republican president, they get John McCain. And they are doing all they can to embed that idea in the voter's brain. We'll soon see. We have no vote in NC until May.  Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

airdrop

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2008, 09:32:40 AM »
We're in deep trouble and who knows what will happen but voting for any of them is nuts. I for one will write in Freds name this tuesdays Oklahoma primary, maybe if we all did it on the big day he just might get in , :) . God help us because it maybe to late to pull our fat out of the fire. Heard the other day that a local gun shop is selling AR15's so fast at $1500 you wouldn't believe it but if the AWB goes into effect what does it prove. John Mccain will be selling us down the river just like the rest of them , I hate voting for the lesser of two evils and getting the shaft at the end of the day. Michael you have a hard chose as we all do but I for one may write in my chose in this election, if I can.  Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition

jpr9954

• Active Forum Member
    • No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2008, 11:50:29 AM »
Glenn Reynolds, The Instapundit, had Romney on his podcast, The Glenn and Helen Show. They've posted it on their website this morning. http://glennandhelenshow.com/

The second question he was asked was on gun control. Dr. Helen asked him specifically would he veto any new gun control legislation and he said yes. She followed up with did he think the 2nd A. guaranteed an individiual right and he said it did.

The rest of the podcast was about the economy and Super Tuesday. Reynolds was, I think from his comments, an undeclared Fred supporter. He had been talking about Fred since long before he came upon the national radar.

I keep going back and forth between the rock and the hard place, McCain and Romney, and still don't know where I personally stand. Likewise, I'm still trying to figure out which of the Dems would be the tougher candidate to beat and am coming close to thinking it is Obama.

John in WNC

So-called gun-free zones are nothing but hunting preserves for psychopaths that hunt humans. -- Massad Ayoob

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com

Co-host of The Polite Society Podcast

gringle84

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2008, 09:41:09 PM »
Romney will say and do whatever he can to win, but his past is full of liberal leanings and only a short time ago did he start trying to talk the Conservative talk and only for the run up to this election.

I do not trust anything he says or will say, he is just trying to buy his way into the Whitehouse and will govern like a liberal on all issues I hold dear, same thing with McCain, both are RINO's period!

The true Conservatives are screwed this election in every direction unless things change at the convention which I doubt they will. I will not fall in lock step and vote for a RINO again if my choices are either McCain or Romney. I will write in Fred or vote for Ron Paul and let the chips fall where ever they may, even if it means the DemoLibs win.

After the Republican party loss and if they can't get back onto a Conservative agenda and stop supporting and start shunning these RINO's, I'll re-register as an Independent and be done with the "Party that was...."

Robert

ga41

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2008, 09:40:08 AM »
McCain's support of immigration will guarantee the election of liberals in the future, so while we may be ok with his election over the democratic candidate, the end result will be the same. Furthermore as most of see it (not a slam on those who disagree) any candidate who can support attacks on the 1st amendment probably can find a way in their thinking to attack other rights if the means justified the end result. And no I did not vote for Romney yesterday as I feel that Huckabee was the lesser of the evils.

Sponsor

« Reply #75 on: Today at 07:01:13 AM »

god45644

• Gun totin', cigar smokin', Bourbon drinkin' Almighty Me
  • Forum Member
  • You want me. I don't blame you
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2008, 02:48:49 PM »
Has anybody noticed the irony of the Google Ad "Vote for McCain" on this site.  Who are they kidding?
"A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad.  An optimist is one who hopes they are." - Chauncey Depew

Grimjack

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2008, 10:15:17 AM »
No matter how you feel you really have to support McCain as the alternative is Obama no matter who else you vote for (Paul or Barr).  I don't think McCain will take our guns away or do anything totally stupid like Hussein will (especially with a super majority backing him up).  McCain seems to have a good position on SCOTUS nominations (which I think was one of the best parts of GWB presidency).  I would like to see McCain try to get the FairTax through, he is enough of a maverick centrist to possibly get that to happen.  And before you go nuts about the FairTax please read both of Neil Boortz's books on the subject instead of getting your knowledge from those that are against it.
Grimjack
NRA Member
GCO Member

911 - When seconds count, help is only several minutes away

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk