Author Topic: Voter I D Laws Work  (Read 2409 times)

mortdooley

• The U.S. Constitution poses no serious threat to our form of government..
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Voter I D Laws Work
« on: March 07, 2014, 05:43:12 AM »
Regardless of what the thug known as Eric Holder ruled Texas just had its 2014 primary and photo identification was required. Over one and a half million voted Republican and about half a million voted Democrat so my guess is that almost no one got to vote more then once. If fraud is held to a minimum in November we will see how many people really want the kind of Government we have!
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

- – Voltaire

You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.--Ray Bradbury

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
Re: Voter I D Laws Work
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 06:13:31 AM »
Awww, c'mon man.  You are just being an old fossil.  What do you need to have voter id laws for....if someone trudges across the border to get here and goes through that effort why would anyone want to deny them a vote?

Why does anyone have to be a citizen?  That is so arcane....so narrow minded.  No one abuses the system....hey it's one person one vote all the time...nobody cheats, c'mon get real.

I have a couple of friends who would like to vote and I don't want to hurt their feelings.  Just because they aren't citizens isn't a good reason to exclude them from participating in the American process....they need a voice to. 

My buddy's names are Karl, Adolph, Vladimer, Joseph, Mao, etc....  Why can't they vote?  What's up with all of this hate?  Besides, they are much more modern and "with it" like the current administration why can't we be progressive in nature?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 09:26:31 AM »
I still say that you should be required to provide your tax return for the previous year. If you didn't pay, you don't vote. Even my HOA requires that your dues be paid before you have a vote. It makes sure that you have skin in the game. This is why originally you had to be a land owner.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I did my taxes last night....... >:( >:( >:(
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

mortdooley

• The U.S. Constitution poses no serious threat to our form of government..
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 10:09:19 AM »
While I wouldn't require land ownership, people living in Government housing or Institutions and the welfare crowd are wards of the State and not responsible enough to cancel my vote! If you are under 26 and on your parents insurance you are not mentally old enough to vote!  However I would favor an honest and fair review of SOME convicted felons to restore all Rights including the vote and gun ownership!
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

- – Voltaire

You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.--Ray Bradbury

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 10:49:05 AM »
I would favor an honest and fair review of SOME convicted felons to restore all Rights including the vote and gun ownership!

Agreed.  Especially when you consider there are 20,000 years worth of rules, regulations and laws at 600 pages a day that we live under.  I heard somewhere that the average person commits 3 felonies a day. 

As for voter ID, you have to have it for everything else in life so the argument against could only be to open the door for fraud.  Which we know takes place, has for years (King County, Seattle area, had ~105% voter turnout for a governs race that was decided by less than a 1,000 votes back in 2000 IIRC). 

Democrats can not win a fair fight, either on ideas or by votes. 
He who dares wins.  SAS

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:39:00 PM »

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 07:21:45 AM »
Copied from Food For Thought
By Junius P. Long

If you have to show identification to board an airplane,
cash a check, buy liquor or check out a library book,
but not to vote who runs the government ...
You might live in a country run by idiots.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without
a license, but not for being in the country illegally ...
you might live in a country run by idiots.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk