Author Topic: Government Regulation  (Read 3061 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 911
Government Regulation
« on: March 21, 2014, 09:18:05 AM »
I throw these things out there every once in a while with mixed results in debate.  Remember, we all need to take off the blinders of "it is for the children" and "it is reasonable" as we contemplate these thoughts:

What right does our government, federal or state, have to require registration of every firearm made or imported into the United States?

What right does our government, federal or state, have to require that records be kept of every firearm transaction involving a licensed dealer?

For that matter, what right does our government have to require the massive number of regulations and fees involved to be a Federal Firearms License holder?

With the current administration pushing, and many recent past administrations having had this happen behind their backs, for Agencies to intimidate law abiding businesses and citizens, I ask when we crossed the lines of infringement on many fronts.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Government Regulation
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 09:27:39 AM »
I throw these things out there every once in a while with mixed results in debate.  Remember, we all need to take off the blinders of "it is for the children" and "it is reasonable" as we contemplate these thoughts:

What right does our government, federal or state, have to require registration of every firearm made or imported into the United States?

What right does our government, federal or state, have to require that records be kept of every firearm transaction involving a licensed dealer?

For that matter, what right does our government have to require the massive number of regulations and fees involved to be a Federal Firearms License holder?

With the current administration pushing, and many recent past administrations having had this happen behind their backs, for Agencies to intimidate law abiding businesses and citizens, I ask when we crossed the lines of infringement on many fronts.

As far as "what right does our government have.......?", according to the Founding Fathers of this formerly-great nation, the government  has only those rights which "we the people" consent for them to have. 

But then, since "we the people" allow the .gov to piss all over the Constitution on a daily basis, why should they respect or fear "we the people"?
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 10:17:06 AM »
... why should they respect or fear "we the people"?

Ka Chick!
Sound it out a few times quickly  ;)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 02:22:36 PM »
It's amazing that prior to 1968 FFL didn't even exist.  You could buy guns and have them delivered through the US Mail!  LHO bought his that way and they were true to form and didn't let a crisis go to waste.  The gall of the gun grabbers to use the death of a president to further their political agenda. >:(

Never mind Jackie O's careful construction of the Camelot myth that everyone still believes as the God's honest truth... >:( >:(
He who dares wins.  SAS

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 03:45:30 PM »
I have heard, and it makes sense, but have not looked for any confirmation that many established firearms vendors supported the GCA '68 because it would eliminate mail order competition.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:06:43 PM »

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 05:38:23 PM »
I have heard, and it makes sense, but have not looked for any confirmation that many established firearms vendors supported the GCA '68 because it would eliminate mail order competition.

Much like may Class III collectors supported the ban on new firearms in '86.  Self-interest that allows the rights of others to be overridden is one of the most heinous sins in my mind.
He who dares wins.  SAS

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 08:05:58 PM »

These are some of the ideas where the National Rifle Association, our own Fudds, hunting organizations, and competition folk have sold us down the river.  The anti's claim that the NRA never compromises, but I will point to many of these laws and show you where we have given away the store.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk