Author Topic: My Own Personal Doppler Radar  (Read 10275 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
Re: My Own Personal Doppler Radar
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 10:36:05 AM »

On my wish list
Bluetooth for:
  Printing
  Data transfer via smart device app
  Device control (setup and arming) via smart device app

Okay, in the manual it says there is a Bluetooth signal strength indicator, but no where does it say what the BT can be used for.  I guess they're planning on adding that and I'm glad they've thought ahead about it.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2016, 04:26:16 PM »
A couple of quick experiments, still in the basement.

Yes, just for the heck of it, I got the radar detector out of the car and it goes off big time when I "arm" the Labradar.   You knew it would, but I just wanted to see.  I may rig up a test to see how far away the detector can detect it.

I tried Low Power, in the basement to see if it would improve the SNR.   Fired 10 shots with the air rifle and didn't have any false shots, but the SNR was slightly worse than in high power.   I wonder if the high power false detections were a result of the blower in the dehumidifier which is located right next to the pellet trap downrange?

I also held my cell phone next to the unit and enabled BlueTooth.  Was able to get two different ID's when I turned on the LR, but the LR screen didn't show BT icon, nor obviously was I able to "pair". 

One suggestion I'm sending in to provide a radar "gun" mode, as well as allowing for advancing (coming at you) measurements.  It would make the unit so much more versatile if it could be used like a traditional radar gun.

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2016, 08:21:03 AM »
First day at the range with MLR.   I tested all my pistol ammo.  Not with every gun, but at least with my most used ones.     I bought a 6.6Ahour rechargeable USB battery pack from Office Depot/Max and used it as a power source.  Worked well and after 45 minutes of use still indicates >80% charge.   Notice I'm not firing exactly from the side more from the upper corner.   Worked well there.  My concern with revolver was the side flame, but if one is careful I don't think that's going to be a problem.

Only negative of the day is that I forgot the SD memory card.  So all the results are stored internally and can not be transferred to my computer.  Not a huge loss, but I'll be glad when they upgrade the firmware to allow internal memory transfer.
Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk