Author Topic: SCotUS Rules Bump Stocks are Legal  (Read 821 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1099
SCotUS Rules Bump Stocks are Legal
« on: June 14, 2024, 12:02:55 PM »
I have zero use for one of the things, but a court victory is still a victory.

Supreme Court strikes down Trump-era federal ban on bump stocks
The ruling marks the latest gun case to come before the nation's top court.

The Supreme Court on Friday ruled that a "bump stock" attachment does not convert a semiautomatic rifle into a "machine gun," which is prohibited under federal law. The 6-3 vote aligned with the conservative supermajority's previous decisions in gun cases, such as its 2022 decision to expand gun rights.

The court found that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives overstepped its authority by enacting the ban on bump stocks when it determined that the devices were classified as machine guns. Civilians now have access to bump stocks again.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-strikes-down-trump-era-federal-ban-on-bump-stocks-142254766.html

Here's an attached copy (all 42 pages of it...lol) of the ruling:

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 494
Re: SCotUS Rules Bump Stocks are Legal
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2024, 12:44:46 PM »
Any restraint on government bureaucracy is good.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Diamondback

• NRA/SAF Life Member, FPC Member, SMF Lawfare Donor
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2024, 05:38:54 PM »
Ditto the vacatur on pistol braces. Can't grant an injunction because "it's a tax matter," (Tax Anti-Injunction Act) but CAN simply declare the rule itself null and void. Poof, never existed.

Roll that up around a pungent brown fatty and smoke it, Herr Sturmbannfuehrer Douchelbach!

Any day that ATF gets bent over a court bench and taken to poundtown like a pedo in genpop is a great day for freedom and America!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"YOU IDIOTS! I WROTE 1984 AS A WARNING, NOT A HOW-TO MANUAL!"
--the ghost of George Orwell

Life Member NRA/SAF - FPC Member - WA CPL holder

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1476
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2024, 12:12:34 PM »
And since this is using the "single action per shoot" defense, binary triggers, (already legal) SHOULD stay that way!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk