Author Topic: XD - XDM REBATE - Free Magazines  (Read 18184 times)

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: XD - XDM REBATE - Free Magazines
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 08:03:34 PM »
Got mine today.   So around 2 months from mailing in the rebate form till I got the email, then 2 weeks till they arrived.

My wife was very impressed.......not impressed enough to tell me to go buy another XD....

I'm impressed that they match your s/n and location to which magazines they send you.  Mine being a 9mm in an unrestricted state so I got the 16 rounders.

A great deal.  The pistol, holster, 4 magazines, 2 magazine pouches and a loading tool for one great price.

Now if Walther would only do that.

They sent you mine, but in the wrong caliper.  ;D

Still no word from Springfield...
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
Re: XD - XDM REBATE - Free Magazines
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 08:45:56 PM »
Bummer, Fatman.   Maybe they transposed a digit in your serial number.    I think they should have requested more info so they could verify the information.  If you model/caliber didn't match the s/n then they could have asked you to double check.   As it is, if the customer or the data entry person gets a number wrong, there's no error detection, until you get the wrong magazine.   Maybe they figured that was cheaper in the long run.

Hopefully you'll see them soon.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk