Author Topic: Washington DC & Registered Ammo?  (Read 7745 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Washington DC & Registered Ammo?
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 12:54:57 PM »
It's on the books as allowed.  Ref. General Laws of MA @ mass.gov:

Chapter 140: Section 131F. Nonresidents or aliens; temporary license to carry firearms or ammunition.  We are a MAY issue state so the AG can have the final say...

Further review of the legaleese of the general laws reveals that I may have mis-spoke.  It appears (I'm not a lawyer) that it IS legal for a non-resident to drive through the state with a locked, unloaded firearm.  Anyone who may be traveling should really take a look at our laws regarding firearms.

Actually there is a FEDERAL law that says it's ok to have an unloaded locked fire arm but Ma. Ill. and possibly some other states (Ca. ) ignore it

TSB

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 01:34:44 PM »
Actually there is a FEDERAL law that says it's ok to have an unloaded locked fire arm but Ma. Ill. and possibly some other states (Ca. ) ignore it

This is what is currently on the books so the case you mention may have forced the changes...It does not mention handguns that I can tell but I'm still trying to read the entire document.

Chapter 140: Section 129C. Application of Sec. 129B; ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition; transfers; report to executive director; exemptions; exhibiting license to carry, etc. on demand

Exemptions for non-residents;

(f) Possession of rifles and shotguns and ammunition therefore by nonresident hunters with valid nonresident hunting licenses during hunting season;

(g) Possession of rifles and shotguns and ammunition therefore by nonresidents while on a firing or shooting range;

(h) Possession of rifles and shotguns and ammunition therefore by nonresidents traveling in or through the commonwealth, providing that any rifles or shotguns are unloaded and enclosed in a case;

(i) Possession of rifles and shotguns by nonresidents while at a firearm showing or display organized by a regularly existing gun collectors’ club or association;

(u) Any nonresident who is eighteen years of age or older at the time of acquiring a rifle or shotgun from a licensed firearms dealer; provided, however, that such nonresident must hold a valid firearms license from his state of residence; provided, further, that the licensing requirements of such nonresident’s state of residence are as stringent as the requirements of the commonwealth for a firearm identification card, as determined by the colonel of the state police who shall, annually, publish a list of those states whose requirements comply with the provisions of this clause. ***

*** Right now that list has NO states on it.

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 04:26:19 PM »
Do any of your remember back when they used to keep track of your name in a notebook when you bought ammo?  Glad that finally went away.

NJ used to do it, and you needed a Firearms card to purchase ammo. And heaven help you if you possessed a controlled expansion round outside of your home.  Hollow points to us are still called 'dum-dums' in the NJ statutes.
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 05:13:33 PM »
NJ used to do it, and you needed a Firearms card to purchase ammo. And heaven help you if you possessed a controlled expansion round outside of your home.  Hollow points to us are stilled called 'dum-dums' in the NJ statutes.

HMMMMMM..........I thought that was what you called the politicians in NJ.  ;)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 07:50:09 PM »
NJ used to do it, and you needed a Firearms card to purchase ammo. And heaven help you if you possessed a controlled expansion round outside of your home.  Hollow points to us are still called 'dum-dums' in the NJ statutes.

I wonder what they'd say about the expanding full metal jacket rounds? 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:59:34 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 11:13:06 PM »

SSSHHH, they haven't figured that out yet.

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 06:35:27 PM »

Illegal. Scored jacket with intent to cause expansion. Still considered a 'dum dum' despite no hollow nose.
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 06:37:40 PM »

Add NY and NJ.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk