Author Topic: NY Gov's Senator pick a pleasant surprise!  (Read 5090 times)

Harmony Hermit

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NY Gov's Senator pick a pleasant surprise!
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009, 11:39:52 AM »
People, People,People....(Sigh).

We are being snookered big time by Chuckie S. This lady for all her blatherings is simply a FUDD. A Jim Zumbo clone. She is no friend to our cause.

The Dems have figured out how to retain power, find Quislings like Ms G to capture seats in normally Conservative (Not Republican mind you, Conservative) districts. This is happening in CD's all over, even My district in PA.

She is a hunter, big deal, The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting, as many of you good folks have said many times(You too Mikey).

Not that the RINO's in NY who call themselves Republicans are even worthy of consideration. The Repubs are almost extinct in NY, much to the distress of the upstate  (Red) regions who are trampled on by downstate (Blue) interests.

Mr Magoo Gov Patterson is either very shrewd or more likely taking marching orders from Chuckie. Chuckie has his agenda and will do what is needed to keep his party in power. This appointment gives the NY state democraps the opportunity to appeal to the upstate folks that they aren't all bad and are looking out for them. Hey, we like guns too doncha know, see your new senator is a hunter, her mammy shoots turkeys. Meanwhile they are planning a whole host of new "Sensible gun laws" to cut off our privates.

Noo Yawk still has the AWB on it's books.

Believe me the NYSRPA and the NRA are  smart by staying out of this. The NRA folks in Noo Yawk know the score, best to keep our mouth shut and work the system.

When the Dems, led by Chuckie, have all the power they will come down on our cause hard and we will have no effective opposition.

Ever notice every time Harry Reid is on the toob Chuckie is there over his shoulder. Chuckie is the real power in the Senate.

As to McCarthy, who lost her Estranged hubby to Colin Ferguson and had her son partially paralyzed in the same incident, she is the most useless meat pile in the Congress. Has done nothing for the State or her district, yet gets reelected in the CD that has the highest number of Pistol Permits in the State!!!

Once again, this lady is a FUDD. Bye Bye  AR's

HH, who escaped from Noo Yawk on '03.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009, 03:54:54 PM »
Harmony, great post for a newbie. I haven't been worked up enough to pursue her background. I did read that Chuckie had pushed her hard time to Paterson, and Paterson, being a good lib, would not pick a Sarah Palin type. As I noted previously, we will see what her true colors are, esp. embracing other liberal causes. I think you may have hit the nail on the head, esp. fiven her comment to McKinney.

Fight on!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 09:38:27 AM »
ABC Spins New Empire State Senator as
'Conservative Democrat'

On Friday's Good Morning America, reporter John Berman spun U.S. Representative Kristen Gillibrand, the soon-to-be announced Senator from New York, as a "conservative Democrat." Although she is only beginning her second term in the House, Gillibrand has been endorsed by the aggressively pro-abortion group NARAL: www.prochoiceamerica.org

According to the New York Observer, she supports gay marriage.

Additionally, the American Conservative Union (ACU) ranked her voting record as a meager eight: www.acuratings.org

I will never support those who support the murder of babies, and I will never support a person who supports nasty grotesque sodomites.

http://www.mrc.org/cyberalerts/2009/cyb20090126.asp#2
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 10:49:40 PM »
From the http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/women/

Obama supports a Woman's Right to Choose: President Obama understands that abortion is a divisive issue, and respects those who disagree with him. However, he has been a consistent champion of reproductive choice and will make preserving women's rights under Roe v. Wade a priority in his Adminstration. He opposes any constitutional amendment to overturn the Supreme Court's decision in that case. - President B.H. Obama

You know, sometimes, I get the idea that I’m the only person in America who can clearly see both sides of the abortion issue.  Or, to put it another way, I think the zealots on both sides of the controversy should be hosed down until they come to their senses.

Frankly, I wish that a woman’s right to have an abortion had never become a national issue and that the Supreme Court had kept its nose out of it.  But the justices of the Supreme Court long ago gave up even the pretense of merely interpreting the Constitution in favor of creating legislation.  And who can blame them?  In Hollywood, after all, everybody wants to direct.  In Washington, everybody wants to make laws.  In both cases, it’s the natural human inclination to boss people around.

It has become such a major and divisive issue that I sometimes think that if liberals didn’t have their pro-abortion platform to rally around, the Democrats would go the way of the Whigs and the Bull Moose.

I can understand why the right to legal abortions is so important to so many women.  The nightmarish memories of backroom operations performed by butchers remain too vivid to be forgotten.  As a man, I am convinced that abortions would be readily available in all 50 states if men were the ones who got pregnant.

However, I can also understand why some people regard abortions as immoral.  Where the so-called pro-lifers go wrong is in equating abortion with cold-blooded murder.  If that were truly the case, people who killed abortionists would be heroes, not lunatics, and people who did not kill abortionists would be cowards.  Right?

Here, then, is my own take on the subject: I think the voters in each state should decide the law.  I believe that no minor should have one performed without parental consent; it is bizarre to imagine that a teenager should require a parent’s consent to have a tooth removed, but not a fetus.  I think if an unmarried woman has the sole authority to abort or not to abort, she then has no right to demand child support of her sex partner.  However, I would have a Siring Tax.  Society should not do anything to encourage illegitimacy, either by providing the mother with an annuity or allowing the father a free ride.

As people once argued over how many angels could dance on the head of a pin, they now argue over when a fetus becomes a human being.  At one extreme, we have Norman Mailer, who regards masturbation as immoral because he holds his sperm in such high regard.  Then we have those at the other end of the spectrum, who argue that so long as the fetus is in the womb, abortion is a viable option.  So far as they’re concerned, the difference between a perfectly legal medical procedure and murder can be a matter of minutes.

For my part, the pro-abortion crowd surrenders the moral high ground every time that insist that a woman has an inalienable right to do what she will with her own body, and that removing a fetus is the same as removing a wart.  No wart, these feminists should be reminded, ever became a living, breathing child.  Nobody ever celebrated the announcement that a wife, daughter, sister, niece or friend, had just discovered she had a wart.  Nobody ever painted a room pink, bought out a toy store and threw a party, in anticipation of a wart.

And nobody ever named a wart “Junior.”

Voting record of Barrack Obama on this issue

--Ok for state to restrict late-term partial birth abortion. (Apr 2008)
--We can find common ground between pro-choice and pro-life. (Apr 2008)
--Undecided on whether life begins at conception. (Apr 2008)
--Teach teens about abstinence and also about contraception. (Apr 2008)
--GovWatch: Obama's "present" votes were a requested strategy. (Feb 2008)
--Expand access to contraception; reduce unintended pregnancy. (Feb 2008)
--Rated 100% by NARAL on pro-choice votes in 2005, 2006 & 2007. (Jan 2008)
--Voted against banning partial birth abortion. (Oct 2007)
--Stem cells hold promise to cure 70 major diseases. (Aug 2007)
--Trust women to make own decisions on partial-birth abortion. (Apr 2007)
--Extend presumption of good faith to abortion protesters. (Oct 2006)
--Constitution is a living document; no strict constructionism. (Oct 2006)
--Moral accusations from pro-lifers are counterproductive. (Oct 2004)
--Pass the Stem Cell Research Bill. (Jun 2004)
--Protect a woman's right to choose. (May 2004)
--Supports Roe v. Wade. (Jul 1998)
--Voted NO on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
--Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
--Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
--Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
--Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
--Sponsored bill providing contraceptives for low-income women. (May 2006)
--Rated 0% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-choice stance. (Dec 2006)
Ensure access to and funding for contraception. (Feb 2007)
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk