Author Topic: Recommendation for Larry Potterfield's Concealed Carry segment  (Read 3883 times)

Pemi

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Recommendation for Larry Potterfield's Concealed Carry segment
« on: February 05, 2009, 03:07:02 PM »
Purely selfish of me, I know, but I'd take it as a kindness were he to evaluate the Glock 33.  I'm considering a 357SIG for CC & I'm gathering all the data & opinions I may.  Deep in the heart of Texas summers grow a mite warm for the obligatory second shirt necessary to conceal my 5" full frame XD45 so I've been thinking something pocket sized might be the way to go.

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Recommendation for Larry Potterfield's Concealed Carry segment
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 03:50:14 PM »
357SIGs a good round, its the one that our state police use.  The DPS carries them in Sig P226 with DAK action, don't know much about Glocks, but the 357's a flat shooter and moves quick.

I'll admit though I was confused about why they switched.  Ten years ago my old man carried a Sig P220 in .45 ACP, God's Caliber, but switched to .357SIG.  Turns out they were more concerned about the long shots +50 yards, and the higher velocity which makes shooting tires more effective.  Also, Sig cut them a hella good deal.  The .357 round was new at the time and there's no marketing spokesperson better than the Texas Highway Patrol.

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 01:21:44 AM »
I've been doing a slow-mo with the PVR on the ammo table.  It has, for example, 185gr .45ACP is better 230gr .45ACP (I can't remember bullet style).  It lists two different 9mm ammo too.  I've seen them score using a lower ammo in a caliber.  So, why not pick the best 'scoring' ammo of each caliber and use that for any weapon in that caliber?

And that's just one category.

Size and weight aren't factors.  Ammo capacity isn't a factor.  This, for a carry gun?
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

CurrieS103

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 10:32:33 AM »
I'd like to see how what I carry fares.  Glock 30 with 165 gr Hydra-shocks
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

HBMan

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 02:38:44 AM »
Don't know if this thread was for just CC handguns but I would like a segment on holsters. Particularly IWB and pocket holsters.

HBMan

Sponsor

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 04:31:40 PM »
Pre SHOT show '09 Michael B said he was having dinner with Larry P, and he vowed on everything holy (well maybe no quite vowed...) that he was going to try to get Larry's criteria on how he rates them in his commercials.

Mike?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk