Author Topic: What do you know about the SCCY CPX 9mm?  (Read 11166 times)

Green Mountain Gringo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
What do you know about the SCCY CPX 9mm?
« on: March 18, 2009, 08:08:07 PM »
Was out searching around gun shops today (it was my wifes idea......God I love her) and stumbled across a compact 9mm from SCCY Industries.  It's a CPX-1.  I've searched this site but found nothing here.  Read some pros and cons in other reviews online.  It was retailing NEW at $260 with two mags.

Felt nice in my hand and seemed much easier as a CC than my Glock 17.

tombogan03884

Re: What do you know about the SCCY CPX 9mm?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 09:18:21 PM »
Never heard of the Company, Check www.gunblast.com they may have something.

mosbear

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 11:11:28 PM »

Green Mountain Gringo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: OK I CONFESS! I Bought it already!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 05:58:38 PM »
I am a very impulsive person.  I act first and do the research later.  I have to confess, I bought that 9mm yesterday and THEN read the forums to find that there were issues with the safety re engaging during shooting, repeatedly.

WELL....I have to say, that I took my new purchase to the range tonight and found................it's all true.

The compact gun feels fine in the hand but the safety (which is sort of like a 1911 style) snaps back to SAFE during firing if your hands are too high up on the grips (which is where they want to be).

Luckily it's only a $260 mistake....and now I get to see if the Customer Service at SCCY is any good.

:P

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 10:06:24 PM »
Green Mountains, I had one of these and bought it for the wife. Ran into issues of it not firing and immediately got rid of it. Within the past eight weeks I had the ATF at my door inquiring about the gun cause it was recovered during a commission of a crime. Must have worked for some dumbass but I would not trust it.
Another issue is that it could cut you real quick. I read in another blog about "Skyy Finger" from being cut. I got a nice slash from the one we owned.
These sell fast at Gunshows cause of their low cost. We got what we paid for and I traded ours in for a Glock 21 SF.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:52:56 AM »

Green Mountain Gringo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 05:21:46 AM »
Ping, thanks for your first hand input.  You do get what you pay for, I just thought I'd found a nice exception to that.

It wasn't a total waste, we also picked up a Taurus 22 revolver that the wife and I are enjoying plinking with.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 05:31:45 AM »
For that same $260, you can find a used kel-tec on gunbroker.com. I traded mine in, but it seemed like a decent little pistol and scads of people love them. If I had the money though, I'd go with a mini-Glock in either 9mm or .45 you will never have a problem with it (so long as you keep your booger hook off the bang switch ;)). Your ccw peice is not the place to save money. If you take a chance on cheap deer rifle and it doesn't work there's always next weekend. If you point a gun at someone and it goes click, well.....
fightingquaker13

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 01:39:57 PM »
I agree with FightingQuaker13 on CCW and what you carry. You are welcome Green Mountain and that click happened on more than one occasion with my wife and myself. Can't afford that to happen on the street or in the house!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk