Author Topic: 'Fusion Centers' are bad news for 2nd Amend  (Read 4136 times)

tombogan03884

Re: 'Fusion Centers' are bad news for 2nd Amend
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 12:15:50 AM »
 It's a matter of mind set, of course you will always have the "Boss Hogg" types (There really was a political boss named Hogg late 1800's IIRC) But the Rank and file can be divided into Cops, who see themselves as being there to "Serve and Protect" the community. And then there are "Law Enforcement" those are the "Befeln ist Befeln" a$$holes you see in Katrina videos. They don't give a crap about the community they are going to enforce what their bosses tell them the law is.

JSC3ATLCSO

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 12:34:07 AM »
Well.. I think I have successfully broken the ice on my NooB status.  I guess I'm from small town Iowa.  For the most part I know that as for my experience at the Sheriff's office that use to work at the "nightshift" was cool.. I guess I get a little testy when people bash on LE.  Usually there is another side to everything and I lost many immature friends because of my stint there.  I have left the door open there with a line on a job there if I were to want it.  So.. I'm NOT rolling over, just want people to realize there are two sides to things, but for now I'll go back to my corner.

J

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 01:00:31 AM »
Well.. I think I have successfully broken the ice on my NooB status.  I guess I'm from small town Iowa.  For the most part I know that as for my experience at the Sheriff's office that use to work at the "nightshift" was cool.. I guess I get a little testy when people bash on LE.  Usually there is another side to everything and I lost many immature friends because of my stint there.  I have left the door open there with a line on a job there if I were to want it.  So.. I'm NOT rolling over, just want people to realize there are two sides to things, but for now I'll go back to my corner.

J

Hey don't sweat it. Just do what I do and put "It's all Tom's fault' on your default reply switch and everything is better. ;D Seriousley, on this board you'll find everything from right wing GOP, to Black helicopter folks to libertarians (like me) to moderates to well armed liberals. the cool thing is that its a pretty friendly place. You can tear someone a new asshole on the politics thread, and yet if you post a question about a trigger problem with a revolver on the handgun page, they'll be there offering advice. There are some elbows thrown, but if you've followed the site at all you'll note that its all in good fun and nobody becomes a pariah for not toeing the line. Hell, I voted for Obama and have gotten my share of shit for it, but I still haven't been voted out of the clubhouse, because on the things that matter most, all of us are on the same page, and politics are just a fun contact sport,. Welcome aboard.
fightingquaker13

JSC3ATLCSO

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 01:11:28 AM »
Hey don't sweat it. Just do what I do and put "It's all Tom's fault' on your default reply switch and everything is better. ;D Seriousley, on this board you'll find everything from right wing GOP, to Black helicopter folks to libertarians (like me) to moderates to well armed liberals. the cool thing is that its a pretty friendly place. You can tear someone a new asshole on the politics thread, and yet if you post a question about a trigger problem with a revolver on the handgun page, they'll be there offering advice. There are some elbows thrown, but if you've followed the site at all you'll note that its all in good fun and nobody becomes a pariah for not toeing the line. Hell, I voted for Obama and have gotten my share of shit for it, but I still haven't been voted out of the clubhouse, because on the things that matter most, all of us are on the same page, and politics are just a fun contact sport,. Welcome aboard.
fightingquaker13

Hey thanks for the vote of confidence!!  I have pretty broad shoulders and I can take it as well as I dish it out.  I have been a member for a while but have just been doing some research and seeing what people have to say about different things.  I decided to "pop" my cherrie the other day and start posting.  The cafe threads are just short of falling down laughing.. heck I have fallen down laughing.  The grumbling on the threads I often go back to "South Park" and vision everyone standing outside of city hall yelling "Rabble rabble rabble" - (Especially the City Wall Episode with the Damn Mongorrians)

I'm here all night people!

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 01:57:19 PM »
Hang in there. It gets fun and there quite a few gentlemen on here who have good advice. Read, respond if you want to and enjoy.  ;)

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:29:32 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 02:03:07 PM »
Hang in there. It gets fun and there quite a few gentlemen on here who have good advice. Read, respond if you want to and enjoy.  ;)

You might get burned a little for that one...............  ;)  ;D    Gentlemen..??   8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 03:01:48 PM »
Don't get offended PegLeg, He's using the word in it's broadest possible context.  ;D

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 04:32:20 PM »
Don't get offended PegLeg, He's using the word in it's broadest possible context.  ;D

While that may be true, even an old fart like me has noticed that Teresa is HARDLY a gentleman.        LOL
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 07:51:06 AM »
Thanks for the correction guys. There are a few ladies on here too with exceptional advice and experience.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk