Author Topic: Marvel .22 LR conversion for Para Ordnance wide body  (Read 5837 times)

fullautovalmet76

Marvel .22 LR conversion for Para Ordnance wide body
« on: August 29, 2009, 09:02:41 PM »
Has anyone used a kit from this company (http://www.marvelprod.com/) on a Para wide body or STI wide body? I have a Tactical Solutions kit for a single stack 1911 but I want one to use on my Para P18 and TAC Four.

Thanks!
-FullAuto

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Marvel .22 LR conversion for Para Ordnance wide body
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 11:34:30 AM »
Can't you use the TS on your WB and get appripriate mags?

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 11:54:40 AM »
Can't you use the TS on your WB and get appripriate mags?

Richard

Hmm....That is an idea.....I would have to get the mags from Marvel and I'm not sure how they would work with the TS slide though....

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 01:35:02 PM »
Double check and see if TS doesn't have mags for the wide body!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 01:37:38 PM »
Double check and see if TS doesn't have mags for the wide body!

Richard
I checked before and they have a solution for the STI 2211 wide body but not for Para.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:57:11 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1149
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 07:39:34 PM »
I wanted a conversion like that but found out it's cheaper to buy a new .22. I got a Ruger 22/45.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 07:58:24 PM »
I wanted a conversion like that but found out it's cheaper to buy a new .22. I got a Ruger 22/45.

I think that's what I'm going to do!  Isn't that why Ruger designed it?

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1149
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 09:58:56 PM »
I think that's what I'm going to do!  Isn't that why Ruger designed it?

They don't call it a 22/45 for nothing.  ;D The grip angle is the same as a .45. The mag release is in the same place. The other controls are close to the same place.  Mine was $185 but that was years ago. If you get a bull barrel the balance will be off.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 12:25:54 PM »
I have been thinking of a .22 conversion for awhile but haven't gotten one yet.  I have also been thinking of the Ruger .22/45.  I thought one of those with the TacSol lightweight upper for Rugers would be a nice lightweight woods gun.  Does anyone have that combination?
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 07:45:21 PM »
FYI:
I was having trouble with the TS unit functioning on my Para LTC. I removed the ejector, reassembled and inserted a magazine. I test the slide and noticed the rounds ejected as I cycled it. So I tried it without the ejector and it runs fine. The ejector on my Para is longer than the one on my Springfield and I believe that is what is helping......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk