Author Topic: Coming our way soon, The Green Police?  (Read 2403 times)

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Coming our way soon, The Green Police?
« on: July 06, 2009, 03:35:08 PM »
WARNING: If this is in the UK it will come along with Caesar Obamus’ Cap and Tax (Trade) regulations.  This might be comical if it was a Monty Python skit but this is real.  I’m sure that, in the nearly 1200 page Cap and Tax (Trade) Bill recently passed by the House of Representatives, a US equivalent to the Green Police would be set up.

I’m sure this will be followed up by the Health Police.

We must vote these fools people out of office in 2010!

“Environment Agency sets up Green Police”
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/public_sector/article6639289.ece

Quoted from the article:

The boys in green are coming as the Environment Agency sets up a squad to police companies generating excessive CO2 emissions.

The agency is creating a unit of about 50 auditors and inspectors, complete with warrant cards and the power to search company premises to enforce the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC), which comes into effect next year.

Decked out in green jackets, the enforcers will be able to demand access to company property, view power meters, call up electricity and gas bills and examine carbon-trading records for an estimated 6,000 British businesses. Ed Mitchell, head of business performance and regulation at the Environment Agency, said the squad would help to bring emissions under control. “Climate change and CO2 are the world’s biggest issues right now. The Carbon Reduction Commitment is one of the ways in which Britain is responding.”
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Coming our way soon, The Green Police?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 09:45:09 PM »
No problem, I have every confidence that when the EPA dudes and duddets show up at peoples homes and start bullying them around, they will simply roll over and play dead.
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 643
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 09:50:40 PM »
No problem, I have every confidence that when the EPA dudes and duddets show up at peoples homes and start bullying them around, they will simply roll over and play dead.

Did you say roll them?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tfr270

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 10:39:01 PM »
There's already classes out there to train inspectors in this type of work. It would be kind of like the home inspector that comes and checks out the house you're buying. Only these inspectors will tell you how you can save energy and make your home more effecient. Doesn't sound like government run yet.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 11:04:55 PM »
There's already classes out there to train inspectors in this type of work. It would be kind of like the home inspector that comes and checks out the house you're buying. Only these inspectors will tell you how you can save energy and make your home more effecient. Doesn't sound like government run yet.

Last I heard, you would be required to make the changes before sale.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:52:12 PM »

tfr270

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 11:54:17 PM »
Yep...that's what I'm hearing too. Could be a lucrative business. 

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 03:03:37 AM »
Yep...that's what I'm hearing too. Could be a lucrative business. 

I smell money...   ;D

yeah, lets depress the housing market even more... great idea.

1200 page bills should be illegal.  this bill is still a long way from becoming law...

most of you would faint if I told you how much it would cost to retro fit your average track home up to one of the many energy efficient ratings out there.  ( trust me when I say this, its one huge mess getting a house certifed for any of them... every lender has thier own standards, so does every one  of the grant progarms.)

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 06:45:47 AM »
If crap & tax pass, all new housing (across the country), will have to meet Kalifornia bldg. codes. The Green Police will inspect any current home that wants to sell, and if you have old windows, appliances, water heater, furnace, etc,.. may or may not let you sell your own property.

Moreover, they can change or revise the req. at any time.....

This is one big pork bill, that will drive energy costs, and all merchandise that is manufactured, higher.

The only sector of jobs that is increasing in this economy, right now are gov't jobs....

Green Police housing inspectors?

I'm not getting any tingles up mt leg like Chris Matthews on this one...just the fear of the cost of living going up, and my net income going down...
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 08:03:09 AM »

1200 page bills should be illegal.  this bill is still a long way from becoming law...

and there is the problem   it is 1950  pages tooo many
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk