Author Topic: Use Facebook Or Twitter? Big Brother Is Watching You.  (Read 4402 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Use Facebook Or Twitter? Big Brother Is Watching You.
« on: December 14, 2009, 06:29:42 PM »
Primarily why I don't have an account at either site. "Big Brother" can just monitor me right here amongst all of us "armed & dangerous" folk... ;)

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/12/14/government-monitoring-facebook-twitter

Here's a bit of the flagrant hypocrisy in the article about half way down....

"On the other hand, it will be interesting to see how Obama-loving media follow this story.

After all, the press were constantly bashing the Bush White House concerning electronic surveillance designed to protect the nation from terrorist attacks.

The Times might be pleased with itself by publishing an editorial on this subject in its opinion section, but under the previous administration, this would have resulted in a front page story with thousands of words.

I'm way down the list, I'm sure,...... :-X

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Use Facebook Or Twitter? Big Brother Is Watching You.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 06:33:29 PM »
It wont be in the opinion section..... it would get too much attention there.... Probably in the lifestyles section or the technology section.... but dont expect it to be a hard hitting expose.... Investigative journalism is dead...... RIP
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 06:48:28 PM »
Yea, I closed my account after I deleted everything pertaining to personal information.  I know it's not a permenant deletion as any and everything ever on the internet is there for the rest of eternity.

They were getting way to invasive with my personal email and constantly trying to get you to accept all the invites from other facebookers to propagate their little scams for advertising and such.  I joined to find an old buddy from a lifetime ago, we reconnected and have gone private.  No need for the rest of the blather that Facebook has to offer, maybe if I was twelve again it would be interesting!

There are a bunch of DRTV members on there, maybe they should all consider the ramifications of all that information on a public forum.  It's bad enough that we're all right wing extremists who happen to practice a right guarenteed by the U.S. Constitution, now we have to worry about all the black copters hovering over Bogans house too!

;D

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 07:06:38 PM »
Facebook, Twitter, forums, etc. are all PUBLIC FREE SPEECH!!!  Anyone can read it, including big brother.  Anyone stupid enough to post a video of themselves breaking the law shouldn't be surprised when it shows up as evidence. 

There is a reason many meetings still happen face-to-face, whether legal or illegal business.

"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 07:11:48 PM »
Glad big brother would never look here.  :o

I'm already next in line, right after Tom and his rope!  ;D
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:18:51 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 07:20:52 PM »
I heard (not confirmed) this morning that universities and colleges are reviewing youtube for videos of applicants and making decisions based on what they're finding.  Kinda glad that we didn't have cameras when I was a kid, the transistor radio and the 8-track were good enough for me!

Employers are googling applicants, the government is watching social forums and colleges are concerned about someone stupid enough to light a bottle rocket from their asscrack.

What IS the world coming to?

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 07:24:47 PM »

It's not good. >:(
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 07:36:16 PM »

Ever see the movie "Idiocracy"?
"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

TexGun

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 08:19:51 PM »
Its not about what IT'S COMING to...It's already here. >:(

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 09:02:52 PM »
Ever see the movie "Idiocracy"? Animal Farm

;)
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk