Author Topic: Use Facebook Or Twitter? Big Brother Is Watching You.  (Read 4406 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Use Facebook Or Twitter? Big Brother Is Watching You.
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 07:04:44 AM »
Y'think?
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 07:29:25 AM »
just like the filtering they want to do with the Net here 

bugger them i say   if they look at my net history  and what I do  they will think I am a terrorist anyway   

I say   all these "Nanny Police State" people need to GAGF   we need to live our lives and make our choices   /Rant   
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

SwoopSJ

• November 12, 1978 - November 2, 2011
  • DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Love thy neighbor.
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 01:00:32 PM »
There are a bunch of DRTV members on there, maybe they should all consider the ramifications of all that information on a public forum. 

I have a Facebook account and have no fears whatsoever about using it.  I have absolutely nothing to hide and the only information that can be gleaned from my info/postings on FB are that I am a Christian, Republican, and my entertainment preferences.  If the gubment wants to spend our tax dollars to "discover" what I'll freely divulge, let 'em.  In my opinion, the only people with legitimate fears concerning this subject, are those with something to hide.  If you fall into that category you a) shouldn't be participating on this site either and b) are going to be found out anyway... black choppers and such.

Swoop
"...to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."  --Richard H. Lee

Timothy

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 01:51:07 PM »
Shane,

Most of my gripe with Facebook is when they try and attach my mailbox to their applications.  Other than that, it's relatively harmless for the most part.  I'm not worried about my past, present or future dealings with the Governemt, I've held a Top Secret military clearance and several lesser clearances working for a defense contractor.  If they want me, they know where to look...if they don't like what they find, they can bite me!

The internet has and will be used in the future to invade our privacy, I expect it will get worse before it gets better.

Didn't mean to offend anyone... ;)

Tim

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 02:56:20 PM »
I have a Facebook account and have no fears whatsoever about using it.  I have absolutely nothing to hide and the only information that can be gleaned from my info/postings on FB are that I am a Christian, Republican, and my entertainment preferences.  If the gubment wants to spend our tax dollars to "discover" what I'll freely divulge, let 'em.  In my opinion, the only people with legitimate fears concerning this subject, are those with something to hide.  If you fall into that category you a) shouldn't be participating on this site either and b) are going to be found out anyway... black choppers and such.

Swoop

Your in deeper do do than I am, I just want to hang the entire Government, but YOU, You're one of those Christians.
Your probably in their "favorites" list.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:07:15 PM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 03:30:31 PM »
I refuse to use either for obvious reasons!  I am sure he probably has a close watch on us here also!

Richard

PS:  I know my USPS delivery person knows me by "Oh yea, you are the guy that gets all those gun magazines!"
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 04:53:15 PM »
only a fool would post something on the internet that you would not want the entire world to see. 

As a employer you can bet I'm going to google a persepective employee.  lets just take a random person...

Me   there is 11.1 millon hits for just my name.   Now none on the 1st page are me, but when I add in my location and my DOB, lots of things come up.  Many I wish didn't.( mainly my home address, but thats required by law do to my CL).  In just the 1st few pages, there are results from when I placed at state in freestyle and greco, a artical written up about one of my jobs, a news paper artical when I was a kid and we were rear ended buy a drunk driver.  For the most part, you can find just about every thing you wanted to know about me in a very short period of time.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »
I take a different approach than many.  Rather than keeping a low profile, I keep a high one.  You can find out all the public information you want about me....here....FB....LinkIn....Yahoo.     I think the more public "we" are the more that becomes the norm, rather than we're the hermits or the recluses and in the perceived minority.   The more of "us" on FB/Twitter/etc.  the harder it is for agency's to keep track.   Volume, sort of a denial of service, will overwhelm them.

There are no real terrorists on the Homeland Security watch list.   If they put a real terrorist name on that list, then the terrorist would know they were being watched.  So no agency will list "real" terrorists.   I have a theory that to prevent real terrorists from knowing they're being watched, they expedite any government dealings with them so as not to arose suspicion.

Hmm...My passport application went through in 10 days over the Thanksgiving holidays.  That's from the day I gave the postmaster my application until USPS delivered the passports.   Hmmmmmm......wonder why such good treatment?

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Timothy

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 06:13:11 PM »
I just googled myself and only one hit in ten pages was actually me.  My Navy Alumni site member listing.  I'm too old to have too much electronic informatin specific to my background.  I did most of my stupid juvenile stuff BEFORE V.P. Gore invented the internet.

About 1984 my life became rather boring when I got married and in 1985 I became rather respectable because my little girl was born.  A lot changes when you have someone looking into your eyes that makes your heart skip a beat because you love them so much........ :-*

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 08:40:24 PM »
On google all I found that was Me was this Forum, a newsletter I have written to a couple times and 2 letters I've sent to John Keegan and Anderson Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk