Author Topic: Terrorist Attack at Church?  (Read 24121 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Terrorist Attack at Church?
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2010, 11:26:23 AM »

I know this may sound a little cowardly/selfish and won't earn me the title Rambo, by my firearm is for PERSONAL defense--me or my family/friends. I am not paid, trained, protected, or identified to provide security for the church or any place else I am at. My family comes first and that includes making sure I am around to continue to be there for them.

No cowardice at all, Red, that is your first duty.  If everyone took the time to prepare to defend their family as you have, the need for additional protection would be greatly reduced.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2010, 11:28:34 AM »
No cowardice at all, Red, that is your first duty.  If everyone took the time to prepare to defend their family as you have, the need for additional protection would be greatly reduced.

+10

Timothy

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2010, 11:30:34 AM »
+10

Add another +10...

Lawrence Keeney

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2010, 12:45:56 PM »
My cousins church has a security staff. Theyre located in Downtown Charleston WV and has a congregation of over 2K. They have a couple of cops leading the security staff and takes the civilians out for a rudimentary training course.

cjwise5

• Forum Member
  • www.code4-tactical.com
    • Code 4 Tactical Supply
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2010, 02:13:12 PM »

(for the record, I prefer to do such training for the volunteer groups on the cheap or as a donation while I am in town doing another, profitable, course).

-RJP

Rob, I'm going to take you up on this when you come out to Iowa for the Waterloo guys.  :)

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 04:59:14 PM »

cjwise5

• Forum Member
  • www.code4-tactical.com
    • Code 4 Tactical Supply
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 02:28:02 PM »
So.. I said I would give an update after meeting with my pastor about security concerns.  The short of it is that they realized our church has become a soft target, they were concerned about all the threats that could pose a problem when that many people gather in one place, and I am now volunteering to design, organize, and implement a security plan and lead a team at our church.  We will be the eyes and ears and sometimes the hands and feet (maybe the teeth if things go really south) of the church.  I plan to hand pick the team from among our police officers, fire fighters, military and ems people.  We will train in everything from heart attacks to natural disasters to missing kids to active shooters.  Anyone with experience in designing or implementing these kinds of plans, please send me a message.  I would love to get your opinions and advice.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 02:33:22 PM »
So.. I said I would give an update after meeting with my pastor about security concerns.  The short of it is that they realized our church has become a soft target, they were concerned about all the threats that could pose a problem when that many people gather in one place, and I am now volunteering to design, organize, and implement a security plan and lead a team at our church.  We will be the eyes and ears and sometimes the hands and feet (maybe the teeth if things go really south) of the church.  I plan to hand pick the team from among our police officers, fire fighters, military and ems people.  We will train in everything from heart attacks to natural disasters to missing kids to active shooters.  Anyone with experience in designing or implementing these kinds of plans, please send me a message.  I would love to get your opinions and advice.

Ya done good CJ, very good.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2010, 02:53:07 PM »
So.. I said I would give an update after meeting with my pastor about security concerns.  The short of it is that they realized our church has become a soft target, they were concerned about all the threats that could pose a problem when that many people gather in one place, and I am now volunteering to design, organize, and implement a security plan and lead a team at our church.  We will be the eyes and ears and sometimes the hands and feet (maybe the teeth if things go really south) of the church.  I plan to hand pick the team from among our police officers, fire fighters, military and ems people.  We will train in everything from heart attacks to natural disasters to missing kids to active shooters.  Anyone with experience in designing or implementing these kinds of plans, please send me a message.  I would love to get your opinions and advice.
My Old Man is doing this for his suburban, but isolated neighborhood outside of Naples (picture a smallish upper middle class deveopment surrounded by by the Everglades National Park with 20 miles of swamp in either direction). He has worked with the Red Cross to set up a CERT (community emergengy response team). Their last excersize was in using shovels, axes, chain saws, come-alongs and wheel barrows without hurting yourself. (sounds basic, but when the median age is 70 and the daily temp is 85, its worth worth teaching). Point is, he's gotten a lot of support from Red Cross, the county fire and rescue crews, the NP rangers, and basically anyone with a badge who wants to help folks who are trying to make their jobs easier. I would definately call Red Cross for CPR etc and your local PD/SO for security training. I was also serious about that $5 special collection. Get the money and hire someone who is not a Rambo, but will spend most of their time teaching you to de-escalate a situation. The pistol should be ALMOST an afterthought, because you will have been shown ten ways not to need it. Just my.02.
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 03:33:48 PM »
 Good for you CJl, Every community needs more people to step up when they see a need as you have done.
I may disagree with you on some things, (Don't know of any yet but there will probably be SOMETHING  ;D )
But after only 15 posts you show yourself to be one of the "Good guys ".

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 643
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2010, 07:29:36 PM »
So we know that today's war on terrorism is really a religious war.  They hate Christians and whether you consider yourself a christian or not, the muslim terrorists believe that the United States in a Christian nation.  ..........

First practical defense for a morning or evening service is in the foyer, before crazies get into the worship center.  Our ushers are aware, armed and vigilant.... and many of our members carry concealed.  We have the ailes cleared for fire with armed individuals sitting at the end of the aisles.  We will be training our congregation shortly, mostly code words and instructions if they hear such...to instruct them to go to ground and stay down.  We will soon schedule some onsite and offsite training with USSA as they have what they call a "Deacon's Program" that they have trained some local Tulsa mega-churches in. 

The plan needs to include all the times that the property is occupied and offices, kitchens etc.; not just Sunday morning services in the main auditorium.  Professional onsite review and training will be the most beneficial first step.

The old Circuit Preachers used to pack...seems like those days have returned.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk