Author Topic: Firearms Academy of Seattle  (Read 5820 times)

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • We must protect & defend our freedoms!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Firearms Academy of Seattle
« on: April 26, 2010, 05:10:34 PM »
Well I finally got to attend my first Professional training class at the Firearms Academy of Seattle. I took the Defensive Handgun class, and I have to say it was a great experience. I shot my M&P9c and it worked perfectly with Zero malfunctions. I did have a few issues with my new XS Sight's. I just installed them the week before the class, so hadn't had a lot of time to practice with them. I was having issues with my point of impact on Saturday (a lot of low gut shots), but by Sunday I had figured out how to aim them correctly to get good decent centre mass shots. The 25 yard shots are still hard to make as the sight covers most of the target at that range. With more practice I'm sure that will improve to. But for the up close and personal that their designed for I have to say their great. Our lead instructor was a retired British Bobby who moved here to get away from the nanny state and he was pretty good too. Their was a verity of firearms represented including XD's, another M&P, 1911's, CZ, FN, Glocks (both of which had problems with malfunctions :P). It rained on us the first day (typical Pacific Northwest weather), but the second was quite nice. Although being on your feet moving and shooting all day in the weather about wore my ass out! I found being able to draw and fire from the holster and concealment was a great benefit, being most ranges won't let you do that. I think I definitely improved my shooting skill this weekend. I'm really looking forward to my next Tactical Handgun class in June! ;D ;D I'm definitely going to have to make these classes a annually recurring event! 8) ;D
Mike Kramer
NRA "Benefactor" Life Member 
2AF Life Member

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
Re: Firearms Academy of Seattle
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 08:45:46 PM »
Glad you had a good time and got some training in. Always good to hear positive reports.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 12:09:07 PM »
Congrats!

Marty Hayes was just out here in Tulsa with me at the Rangemaster training conference.

I am looking forward to the courses I am doing at FAS in June.

-RJP

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 02:43:44 PM »
SHTF in all types of weather!  Glad you had a positive experience.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Johnny Bravo

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 09:06:47 PM »
Great report Guns! I can't wait to take some training.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:01:17 PM »

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 04:51:32 PM »
Glad it worked out for you...Marty Hayes is an old and good friend.

+1 on the XS sights...gotta use 'em like they're meant to be used...

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

44s rock

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 08:49:38 PM »
The wife took a couple classes there last year, my turn this year but too many draws on the funds, looking forward to next year.
NRA Life Member

Rob Pincus

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 10:23:33 PM »
I just did back to back CFS courses a couple of weeks ago. It was a great place to work and Marty and Gila have a great program and some excellent instructors in addition to the guests they bring in!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 10:31:58 AM »
I just did back to back CFS courses a couple of weeks ago. It was a great place to work and Marty and Gila have a great program and some excellent instructors in addition to the guests they bring in!

Have to ask, Rob, ...just how much does your job feel like work?

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Rob Pincus

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 03:31:51 PM »
Solus,

Teaching? Not at all.
TV? Not much.