Author Topic: Michael's Hard Question...  (Read 23356 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Michael's Hard Question...
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2008, 11:29:36 AM »
A vote for Romney is DUMB vote for the enemy. Look at the PERMANANT  AWB he signed as Gov. of Mass

Outlaw

• U.S.A.F. Retired/CCW
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2008, 10:12:09 AM »
Hi MB,
  McCain seems to vote the way it would do him most good. He  went from Pro to Anti-gun overnight. That kind of swaying is not impressive. He does the same kind of stuff as our past Colorado Gov. Owens. Owens was pro-gun, pro Amendment 2 and we voted for him, then we had the Dillon/Klebold school shooting at Columbine H.S. and he radically changed his position on gun rights, totally turning his back on us. Obama is known for his "Present" votes. I don't know a lot about Romney other than he is rich. Billary scares me to death. Having a wife/husband team running the country sounds a little too much like a Monarchy to me. I agree with not wasting votes on 3rd party. That just don't leave a lot out there to choose from.

MB, I think your time would be best spent trying to organize all the pro-gun/Amendment 2 websites/organizations/members and lobbyists into one voice. I believe then we would be in sufficient numbers to get whomever is elected to listen to us. I may be wrong but It seems to me as though we're not as united as we should be in our cause. There appears to be bickering among the organizations. Lots of folks are thinking the NRA compromises too much and should take a solid uncompromising stance. Why can't we all just get along? At the rate the gun grabbers are working against us, I feel the only way we can survive is by uniting into one voice. But then, that's just me.

Correct me if I'm wrong....
Strategic Air Command Motto: Peace is Our Profession, Believe it or We'll Bomb the Hell Outta Ya!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2008, 10:39:12 AM »
If the NRA would have gotten off their behind and endorsed FT it would have helped a lot.

Now who will they endorse?  Gun Grabber McCain or Gun Grabber Romney?  It won't sway me in any case now.  I will vote "none of the above", as 90,000 plus of us did here in FL this week.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Outlaw

• U.S.A.F. Retired/CCW
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2008, 10:46:47 AM »
Kudos Marshall, well said!!!!
Strategic Air Command Motto: Peace is Our Profession, Believe it or We'll Bomb the Hell Outta Ya!

david86440

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2008, 12:29:27 AM »
It seems to me that with this election there really isn't anyone to vote "for" other than Ron Paul and I really doubt he will be a choice in Nov so it is a matter of voting "against" the one on the ballot that you would not want to see elected.

That said, I think McCain would have to be my choice as I can't see any democrat being on our side. McCain would just be the lesser of two evils. In the past I was a staunch supporter of McCain, but in the last election got turned off by him when he started following the advice of his handlers and didn't stay true to his beliefs.

Romney has waffled on way too much and has been caught in some pretty good lies regarding his hunting experiences, illegal landscapers, seeing his father walk with MLKing and more.

Oh, by the way, this is my first post as i just joined this forum tonight.

I can tell you one thing, I really miss living in AZ where I could go in, buy what I want and walk out with a gun. Now I'm living in the joyous state of Calicrappy!

Sponsor

« Reply #65 on: Today at 01:03:08 AM »

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2008, 06:28:19 AM »
The reality is that McCain or Romney will sell us out in a heartbeat- they have done it before, they will do it again. Even if they came out and said they were 100% for the individual right per the 2A, you cannot believe them - at all! Under any circumstances! Even if they were to select Ron Paul or Fred Thompson as VP, we cannot trust McCain or Romney under any circumstances - ever, for any reason.

Leaves us in quite a quandary come November. And quite bluntly, I don't have any answers. I am, however, leaning towards a vote by the entire 2A community to one candidate. We just need to identify that candidate. Maybe the Libertarian? No idea who that is, but we need to focus on one candidate.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2008, 06:38:16 AM »
...............Truth is, neither the GOP or the Amercian people are as conservative as some of you like to believe. Goldwater went down in flames in 1964. Reagan won in 1980 against an imcompetent Smiling Jimmy while the economy was in the tank and the U.S. was humiliated by Iran holding our hostages. Those are the only TWO conservatives to win the nomination in the post WWII era. A farmer in the heartland may denouce welfare queens and other governement handouts but will tell you he damn well deserves HIS subsidy! He votes Rep but anyone who threatens to cut off HIS welfare is a damn commie or something as he feels ENTITLED to his payment. Americans are ready for a national health care plan. Americans want and expect governement handouts. Look at the senior drug coverage. Look at seniors who shelter their money so if they have to go to a nursing home the government has to pick up the tab. ............

This is the "ultimate" truth..."everyone" with their hand out. 

VERY WELL SAID.   
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2008, 06:56:48 AM »
I think McCain and Rommey are about the same with it comes to AWB...They will both do what ever gives them the most pollitical leverage...   where I see a diffrece in the two is immagration.

You know its funny this tues CA has its primary... since I'm registerd as an Indy, I  can only vote for a party that lets  me vote on thier ticket.  Which means democrat or AI( still can't figure out why the GOP won't).   I'm really thinking about voting for obama in just so Clinton might go away.   What scares me is It looks like who ever gets the nod, the other will be VP, atleast  from the way  it looks like now.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

jpr9954

• Active Forum Member
    • No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2008, 07:52:25 AM »
I am going to assume that McCain was a military brat so it wouldn't matter where he was born.  His parent(s) were stationed there so he is a "natual born" citizen.

Good assumption given that both his father and grandfather rose to full Admirals in the US Navy.

As to who is worse and who is better between McCain and Romney, I just keep going back and forth. I look at McCain's record and see some good gun votes but then note that they were early in his career and not later. I look at Mitt and see he approved restrictive crap in Mass but now he says he won't. Given that North Carolina's primary is in May and this will probably be wrapped up by then, I'll just vote for Fred in the primary. Then I have the whole summer and fall to figure out what the heck to do. As Scarlett said, "For tomorrow is another day".

John
So-called gun-free zones are nothing but hunting preserves for psychopaths that hunt humans. -- Massad Ayoob

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com

Co-host of The Polite Society Podcast

mnshooter

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2008, 09:37:12 AM »
Regretably, to paraphrase Jeff Cooper, we will have to choose between a third rate firefighter and a first rate arsonist. 
McCain doesn't offer much, but not being a Clinton or Obama is probably the best we are going to be able to choose from.
The fight for our gun rights is always going to start with our representatives, even though some of them don't know the meaning of the word.  Any bill has to get passed before it gets to the oval pen.  We've been enjoying these three years of full capacity mags and flash hiders, but too many shooters/hunters never even knew they were banned.  How many remember that from 1968 to 1986 you had to register the purchase of every round of ammunition, loading components, etc.?  There are some gun shows in this area  that allow tables with stacks of new in the box Hi-Point-type-low-end-(cheap) pistols beside "private sale-cash only" signs. These people are nearly as much our enemies as the clintobamschumerfeinstein candidates.  We need to involve everyone who can possibly be enlightened to vote with us.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk