Author Topic: Anyone have the FNX-9?  (Read 9008 times)

usmcdadx2

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Anyone have the FNX-9?
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:41:54 AM »
A couple of months ago I was being wishy/washy about chosing between a 45 Witness Match and FNP-45 I keep thinking about how much I liked the FN even though I picked the Witness. So now I've decided it is time to add a 9mm to my "collection", after looking at a number of different guns I was drawn back to the FN product line. I've been looking at the FNP-9 but it has been suggested to me that I should consider the new FNX-9 because it has all of the features that I really liked in the FNP-45 USG.
No one local has one in stock that I can check out so I'm coming to you guys for advice. Does anyone have one of have fired one? What were your impressions?

usmcdadx2

• Liked:
Re: Anyone have the FNX-9?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 08:10:29 AM »
Moot point now guys, found a shop that had one last night...liked it...bought it. Now I'll find out for myself how it shoots. I had read of problems with the mags locking in cleanly. No such issue with the one I bought.

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 08:21:38 AM »
A full range report will be required for those of us that are thinking of getting a FNX.   :)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 08:26:51 AM »
They are a terrible gun.... and very very dangerous. Send it to me immediatly for safe keeping ;D
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

BAC

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 09:06:23 AM »
They are a terrible gun.... and very very dangerous. Send it to me immediatly for safe keeping ;D

Eric, you're a saint.   ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:13:44 AM »

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 09:08:15 AM »
Eric, you're a saint.   ;D

Just trying to help the guy out.

He bought a gun that has been know to spontaniously explode and then emmit poisonous gas....... It also rapes women and children and shouts racial slurs. ;)

usmcdadx2

• Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 09:29:40 AM »
Eric,

Ya know I think I read somewhere that they are only dangerous if you're standing on the wrong side of them so I think I'll hang onto it, that way I know I'll be ok. Then again to hear some sheeple talk I'm in trouble too because the evil thing is just waiting to jump out and shoot some poor innocent. Or wosre the things you suggest.

I pick it up Friday and with any kind of luck I'll be able to head to the range this weekend. Things I really liked so far are:

The ergonomics seem spot on to me.

The slight change made to the grip- holding the FNP and the FNX side by side I have a slightly higher grip on the X which suits my grip style really well.

The texture on the grip, it may not suit everyone but so far I like it. I'll have a better idea after I feel it under recoil.

The improved safety/decocker lever- very easy to reach and seems more substantial than the one on the P. The function is the same as on the P-USG models so you have the choice of "cocked & locked", hammer down/safety off or on as you chose.

The trigger when dry fired with a snap cap seemed really good to me. DA was moderately heavy but controllable and the SA was very clean and crisp.

The sights are great (my opinion) 3 dot style the front blade and dot are very easy to acquire and the rear sight has a deep open notch which is very clear.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 09:34:44 AM »
Front Towards Enemy, usmcdadx2 ;)

... and thanks for your service.

usmcdadx2

• Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 10:25:42 AM »
Eric,

Thanks for the "thanks" but it was not I who served. The x2 in my "moniker" stands for the service of my sons both of whom are Marines (one is now IIR and the other still active). In fact the active duty son will be home on leave in a couple of weeks and is already talking about "teaching the old man how to shoot his new toy"... in his dreams!

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 10:45:53 AM »
Eric,

Thanks for the "thanks" but it was not I who served. The x2 in my "moniker" stands for the service of my sons both of whom are Marines (one is now IIR and the other still active). In fact the active duty son will be home on leave in a couple of weeks and is already talking about "teaching the old man how to shoot his new toy"... in his dreams!

That does make obvious sense now - please speak slowly and clearly into the clown's mouth ;D

Well, tell your sons "thanks for their service" and thanks to you for raising them right.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk