Author Topic: Going to Boston what can I carry that won't get me in trouble?  (Read 9797 times)

Timothy

Re: Going to Boston what can I carry that won't get me in trouble?
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 08:31:49 AM »
Anyway, its a great honking big stick that you can carry legally. ;D
FQ13

Stick with that, it's understood without words....kind of like an idiot light on a dashboard....

;D

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 09:56:07 AM »
I use a cane daily and like the bamboo cane for its light weight but indestructible, as to date, strength.  IMO, it is as strong as a  Shillelagh but can be used one handed. You can also braid para cord  and coat with super glue for an Awesome but discrete kubaton.

Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHMAKep4Jvc&feature=related
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 03:00:05 PM »
Since you can't carry a gun I would carry a cell phone and good insurance policy.  Also get some training with a cane designed for SD.

JMHOFWIW

Richard

PS:  If you can find a COP light enough to carry that would work also...unless you could get him/her to walk.  LOL
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 03:15:27 PM »
Also the most powerful light you can afford for force multiplier in low light. When you get over 100 lumen it will bother dilated pupils and be a good deterrent for those low-light-panhandler situation. I can not believe I forgot  or overlooked this until now. It doesn't have to be an extremity large light but should extend from each side of your closed fist. Also not to worry about the bulbs on impact go with a LED system.
Insight Tec. makes a bunch of options and this is a self-defense option that could be invaluable in a non defensive situation also.

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 03:54:09 PM »
Here are a couple of videos for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wv9Fd1h6t8&feature=related
-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y-lKC3sQjM&feature=more_related
-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNnRKKEZq2E

I like the TL-3 best for your situation. Its just my opinion though.

tex

Sponsor

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 04:10:43 PM »
Tactical Pen? Schrade makes a decent one for $29 bucks. At Wally-World...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schrade-Tactical-Pen/14245171?wmlspartner=GPA&sourceid=4444444444_455730115

In Boston, the "pen" is mightier than the "illegal" sword...... ;)

I'll be here all week, try the veal, and tip your bartenders and waitress's.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 07:24:18 PM »
Tactical Pen? Schrade makes a decent one for $29 bucks. At Wally-World...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schrade-Tactical-Pen/14245171?wmlspartner=GPA&sourceid=4444444444_455730115

In Boston, the "pen" is mightier than the "illegal" sword...... ;)

I'll be here all week, try the veal, and tip your bartenders and waitress's.

I like it .

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 02:06:38 PM »
Your brain,  Chances are very low that if your paying attention anything bad will happen too you. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 02:33:20 PM »
Your brain,  Chances are very low that if your paying attention anything bad will happen too you. 

Boston proper isn't too bad.  The burbs around Boston are not too good depending on a lot of things.  I personally don't go to Boston for anything and won't. 

Once was enough back in 1984 to watch a Tigers/Boston double header...

My daughter and her man go quite frequently which worries me as they are not carrying because they go to party...

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 05:04:40 PM »
Well, I'm back and didn't have to beat anyone with my cane. I always carry a Surefire light on me, they come in handy in so many ways. It looks like my Daughter likes the university that is closer to Foxboro, which is a good thing, Much nicer campus, real Police dept. there and a much better program for what she wants to major in.
Timothy, I do have to ask you , What the HELL is wrong with your state? I went into the Bass Pro Shop to look around and found they had primers at less than what I have been paying and was told that I couldn't buy them because I don't have a Mass.FOID card. I told him I had a NY full carry permit and was told "Welcome to the Peoples republic of Mass." I can't believe that I couldn't even buy reloading components there. He told me that he had a Border Patrol Agent come in to buy some ammo for his carry gun and he couldn't even sell it to him, a Federal Officer. It really blew my mind. Oh well, Rant over.
Thanks for all the advice both good and bad(FQ?)
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk