Author Topic: Going to Boston what can I carry that won't get me in trouble?  (Read 9803 times)

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
The subject line says it all, I need to know if there are any laws that would keep me from carrying a knife. I know you need a permit for Pepper spray and firearms are right out. So can anyone site the law on knives in Mass.? Thanks for any help
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Timothy

Re: Going to Boston what can I carry that won't get me in trouble?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 08:38:37 PM »
I think the law states 2-1/2" blade length is maximum you can carry.  I can't find any information at hand though.  I carry a small Kershaw with a spring assist blade.  I think it's the Scallion by Ken Onion.

Boston may have additional ordinance restrictions.  Best bet, call the MA state police.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 08:52:52 PM »
A worn looking red Sox cap, a Drop Kick Murphy's T shirt and a smile?
FQ13 ;D

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 09:34:44 PM »
Thanks Timothy, It figures,My Kershaw is on it's way back to the factory for repair... >:( >:(
Will have to see what else I have available
And FQ, Both my Wife and Daughter are METS FANS so no way on the redsox hat. ;D
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 09:59:51 PM »
The subject line says it all, I need to know if there are any laws that would keep me from carrying a knife. I know you need a permit for Pepper spray and firearms are right out. So can anyone site the law on knives in Mass.? Thanks for any help

For the trip I would develop the need to use a cane if you are worried about self-defense in Bean Town.
tex 
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

Sponsor

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 06:13:25 AM »
Unfortunately I have to use a cane from time to time due to arthritis in both knees and heel spurs.With all the walking I'll be doing I will have one with me.

-Sheriff Jim Wilson

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 06:21:16 AM »

And FQ, Both my Wife and Daughter are METS FANS so no way on the redsox hat. ;D
Well, at least they beat the Yankees? :-\ Still, the cane is ideal. No DA can complain. Particularly in PC Boston. I'd reccomend oak with a nice bronze knob. A shilleaghleigh boyo. Dinnae ye kin?
FQ13

Timothy

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 08:03:24 AM »
Well, at least they beat the Yankees? :-\ Still, the cane is ideal. No DA can complain. Particularly in PC Boston. I'd reccomend oak with a nice bronze knob. A shilleaghleigh boyo. Dinnae ye kin?
FQ13

It's SHILLELAGH ya overeducated Scot!

Geez..... ;D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 08:19:15 AM »
It's SHILLELAGH ya overeducated Scot!

Geez..... ;D

I'm going to half way stick to my guns. Its saill eille in proper gaelic. The Scots and Irish translations are different. However, to give Path his due, I am now illiterate in four languages. It should, in Scot's translation, have been shilleagh. So, I still lose, but points for effort? :-[ Anyway, its a great honking big stick that you can carry legally. ;D
FQ13

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 08:28:49 AM »
Cream Pie.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk