Author Topic: Spike TV  (Read 10470 times)

riss61

• Forum Member
    • Graplryz - grappling martial arts and self defense
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Spike TV
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 12:50:17 PM »
I watch them, just so I can blog about it. To my knowledge the current line-up is What If?, Because Lives Depend on It, Pracitcal Tactical, and Conceal Carry School.

So far, Practical Tactical is my favortie, just becuase it appears to cover a greater variety of material and in a practical manner.

There's also a Personal Defense TV on the Outdoorsman Channel (I only noticed it after I got HD, so I don't know if it's new or not). This show is a Guns & Ammo affiliated show and use their style folks. It's a pretty good show, but I usually don't like their hand-to-hand stuff.

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 01:37:45 AM »
I watch them, just so I can blog about it. To my knowledge the current line-up is What If?, Because Lives Depend on It, Pracitcal Tactical, and Conceal Carry School.

So far, Practical Tactical is my favortie, just becuase it appears to cover a greater variety of material and in a practical manner.

There's also a Personal Defense TV on the Outdoorsman Channel (I only noticed it after I got HD, so I don't know if it's new or not). This show is a Guns & Ammo affiliated show and use their style folks. It's a pretty good show, but I usually don't like their hand-to-hand stuff.

Not new, Tom Gresham's show has been on for a couple years now.

riss61

• Forum Member
    • Graplryz - grappling martial arts and self defense
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 09:11:33 AM »
Not new, Tom Gresham's show has been on for a couple years now.

Cool. And its on the sportsman channel. I mistyped.

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 11:02:07 AM »
Versus as well

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 956
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 10:18:04 AM »
With a ton of desk work to do, I chose to have Spike on for the last couple hours.  Overall I would give the good usable marks.  I don't agree with everything, but I praise them for some things.  This is why God gave us a complex brain and the ability to reason.  I can take all of this information, my past knowledge, my skill sets, and after today I have climbed another rung on the two million rung ladder of life.

Anyone that thinks they are going to watch one of these shows, or any show, and get only perfect information and be an expert is dangerous.  But, I would be willing to recommend these shows as a source of good information to be filtered and added to anyone's mindset.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:20:54 PM »

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 05:29:03 PM »
Imitation = Flattery, I guess...wish I had their budget...

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 10:21:17 AM »
Imitation = Flattery, I guess...wish I had their budget...

Michael B

I wish I had your gun collection.  It's all relative.  LOL
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 11:16:12 AM »

I wish I had your gun collection.  It's all relative.  LOL

+1  ;D
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Lawrence Keeney

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 09:04:45 PM »
theres a commercial from a guy we all know on spike that sells self defese shooting and tactics videos we all should purchase..

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 956
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 09:53:06 PM »
theres a commercial from a guy we all know on spike that sells self defese shooting and tactics videos we all should purchase..

You don't have to be vague.  It is ok to mention Tom, Masad, Tiger, and all the others on here ... we don't care.  Hell we even talk about Jim Scoutten, his spawn and the rest of the crew on here  ;)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk