Author Topic: Bayonet tactics for home???  (Read 7780 times)

thomas572

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bayonet tactics for home???
« on: August 26, 2010, 05:21:34 PM »
There is alot of SKS rifles out there, and the majority of these have bayo's attached. So how about a show on some tactics for utilizeing this weapon??

kilopaparomeo

• Top Forum Member
  • My own private purgatory...
  • Liked:
Re: Bayonet tactics for home???
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 06:31:29 PM »

NRA Endowment Life Member
SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
Ultima Ratio Civis - "The last method of a citizen"

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 07:18:08 PM »
Show might be good, but inside the house, bayonet not presented, outside the house maybe, out of ammo, absolutely. The SkS Bayo can also be used as a monopod, due to its hinged nature.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 07:41:18 PM »
Inside? You'll ding the walls. ;D Outside? Its just a feint, a low thrust (with a 45 degree twist on withdrawal) and a follow up butt stroke to the head while the zombie is grabbing his gut. As for the follow up shot? To quote the late lamented  Sgt. Major Fox (who was R. Lee Ermey's long lost black twin) "Shoot the bayonet loose? Are you defecient cadet? Were you an affirmative action student, a legacy, or was your daddy just rich? Why in the name of your syphlittic mother's rotten crotch would you use a bayonet if you still had ammunition in your rifle? Were you born stupid or did they teach you that at college? Did you major in stupid cadet"?
FQ13 who was not the target of that tirade, but it was funny to listen to. ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 09:34:51 PM »
Inside? You'll ding the walls. ;D Outside? Its just a feint, a low thrust (with a 45 degree twist on withdrawal) and a follow up butt stroke to the head while the zombie is grabbing his gut. As for the follow up shot? To quote the late lamented  Sgt. Major Fox (who was R. Lee Ermey's long lost black twin) "Shoot the bayonet loose? Are you defecient cadet? Were you an affirmative action student, a legacy, or was your daddy just rich? Why in the name of your syphlittic mother's rotten crotch would you use a bayonet if you still had ammunition in your rifle? Were you born stupid or did they teach you that at college? Did you major in stupid cadet"?
FQ13 who was not the target of that tirade, but it was funny to listen to. ;D

Do I have to link some of the things I have posted to you     ::)

;D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:47:26 AM »

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 10:21:39 PM »
Had a troop on a m16 range that could not hit the broad side of a shithouse sitting on the toliet. He said what do I do SSG. I told him to keep a sharp bayonet and to make sure he was not in my fox hole. If I still have ammo no need for the bayonet. That is close in work that if you are not schooled in will get you into a world of hurt.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 11:34:07 PM »
Welcome Thomas, but while it would be funny as heck to watch, bayonet fighting indoors is not really practical.
You'll have to excuse FQ, He's a professor, and you know how easily distracted those "intellectuals" are  ;D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 12:09:28 AM »
Welcome Thomas, but while it would be funny as heck to watch, bayonet fighting indoors is not really practical.
You'll have to excuse FQ, He's a professor, and you know how easily distracted those "intellectuals" are  ;D

What's to excuse? Stick, remove with a twist, smack upside the head and move on. What more is there to know? ;D  I realize that there is actually a hell of a lot more, but in terms of how I'd spend my limited amount of time training for SD? Bayonet drills are one step below engaging 500 meter targets and one step above calling in air strikes. Due respect to the OP, learning how to use the one that comes with your rifle is not a bad idea. Still, given the limited amount of hours in the day? I'd concentrate on drawing a handgun, using a knife or hitting what you are aiming at with that SKS. This isn't a flippant reply either. Its just an honest assesment of balancing a long list of desirable skills against a short number of hours. I really do think that unless you are going to deploy to the sandbox, practicing the "stick and smack' school of bayonet combat a few times is good enough and I'd then move on to something you are more likley to use. Just my .02.
FQ13
PS Welcome aboard Thomas. Please ignore the weirdness, we really do try to be helpful. Please feel free to PM anybody here (including the moderators), we do aim to help.

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 12:18:40 AM »
It is a idiot proof tool. Insert into body until death.

Try to explain this to a judge. Well he kept moving your honor so I skewed him like some hunk of meat, but I tried to keep him off of the new carpet though.

Stick with Glock. I do not want to get into bayonet range. That is the court of last resort. Kind of like a knife fight in a phone booth. It is going to be ugly.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 05:27:31 AM »
I don't know.....I just seem to keep hearing a little voice saying.

Don't  bring a knife to a gun fight.

You can never bring too much gun.

Bayonet, for my way of thinking, was a hold over from pikes and lances  When armies were armed with single shot muzzle loaders  engaging each other at 50 feet, a bayonet made sense.  But with today's technology, reloading (multiple shots) isn't a problem.  Personally, I'd just keep firing.

What little I do know about bayonet training (remember, I was a MAC trained killer in the USAF) was that all of the training exercises assumed your opponent just stood still while you stuck them.   A little like karate forms.  They look good when you practice them by yourself, but when opponent starts to react, and attack back, it's a whole different ball game.

(sung to a tune from Finding Nemo)
Just keep shooting, just keep shooting, just keep shooting

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk