Author Topic: Met Up with an Old Friend...  (Read 3860 times)

Stephen A. Camp

• Active Forum Member
    • Hi Powers and Handguns
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Met Up with an Old Friend...
« on: September 01, 2010, 02:05:51 PM »
...from the 1980's and my early years in the tactical unit!

This lightly personalized Mk II was the first Hi Power I was "officially authorized" to carry for both regular duty and tactical call-outs when the police department I worked for allowed autoloaders.  (Prior to that, I had sometimes carried a Hi Power under my uniform jacket but that was not much in Texas weather.)

I wound up selling this Mk II and others (mistake) when the Mk III made its debute.  Recently I got an opportunity to revisit and photograph this old thing for a project I'm involved in and thought I'd share a picture or two and a tiny bit of this pistol's "history". 

This one has not kept good company.  It "visited" with two armed robbers, one bank robber and more meth and crack dealers than I can honestly remember, but it never had a "conversation" with any of them; it never needed to; they complied with police orders and never threatened me.

If interested, a little more about the gun can be had here:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/Lightly%20Personalized%20Mk%20II.htm

Best.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Met Up with an Old Friend...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 07:16:45 PM »
Ahhhh, the '57 Chevy of semi-autos.

I have one, love it. MY first pistole.  ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tommy tornado

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 12:27:28 PM »
Your website is the reason I own a 9mm and .40 S&W Hi-power.  Thanks for posting your info and picture, I love it.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 01:04:00 PM »
Great history and a great gun. I (co) own an old Belgian model and love it. The only exception is the mag safety. As a civilian, I don't like it at all. If I were a cop though? Being able to push a button to "safe" the pistol if I were wrestling someone for it might be a plus. Your thoughts?
Fq13

Stephen A. Camp

• Active Forum Member
    • Hi Powers and Handguns
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »
Hello.  I don't try and persuade people one way or the other.  My own decision has been to remove the magazine disconnects on all of my Hi Powers, making them like my other semiautos.

I am very aware of the controversy over this so I mention only that it is my choice.  You do what you prefer.  Here is something I put up on this matter several years ago.

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/MagazineSafety.htm

Best.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:42:56 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 07:42:33 PM »
Hello.  I don't try and persuade people one way or the other.  My own decision has been to remove the magazine disconnects on all of my Hi Powers, making them like my other semiautos.

I am very aware of the controversy over this so I mention only that it is my choice.  You do what you prefer.  Here is something I put up on this matter several years ago.

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/MagazineSafety.htm

Best.
A very nice, informative and thoughtful post. Hope you stick around Stephen.
FQ13

Stephen A. Camp

• Active Forum Member
    • Hi Powers and Handguns
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 07:48:45 PM »
Hello and thanks very much.

Best.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 07:50:06 PM »
You're on a roll FQ,   ;D    He's been a member longer than either of us, he just doesn't post unless he has something worth saying.
You should go to his profile and read some of his back posts, some interesting info.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 07:53:50 PM »
You're on a roll FQ,   ;D    He's been a member longer than either of us, he just doesn't post unless he has something worth saying.
You should go to his profile and read some of his back posts, some interesting info.
Doh! :-[ My bad. Still, a nice post.
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 07:56:32 PM »
Doh! :-[ My bad. Still, a nice post.
FQ13

You're on a roll FQ,   ;D    He's been a member longer than either of us, he just doesn't post unless he has something worth saying.

Serious about that part FQ, they will interest, and inform you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk