Author Topic: Just got my 1st 1911 and love it!  (Read 6130 times)

JoeG

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Just got my 1st 1911 and love it!
« on: September 06, 2010, 07:30:43 PM »
I just got back from second trip to the range with my new Kimber Custom II w/night sights. Shoots great and looks pretty.  :)
I have been shooting a Glock 17 since I started back shooting about 2 years ago. I am to the point with the G17 that I can regularly put 45+ out of 50 rounds into my 8" shoot and see target at 15 and 25 yards. Always seem to have a few fliers, but now I usually know what I did wrong right AFTER I did it!

First trip with the Kimber and my groups at 15 yards were about half that size. The gun just feels great. This second trip I tried it 25 yards and it shot just as well. It has a much nicer trigger pull than the Glock, light and crisp with a shorter stroke. I think the extra weight helps as well. I had a couple of FTF in the first box of ammo, but now my biggest problem is training my thumbs to stay away from the slide lock lever as I have bumped it on a couple of times.

I like my Glock but I love my Kimber!

Time to try out action pistol shooting. Those 45 ACP rounds make the 9mm look like sissies.

“You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.” Gen. James Mattis

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
Re: Just got my 1st 1911 and love it!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 07:41:38 PM »
They do point well, don't they?
Welcome to the 'light' side of the Force........  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »
Welcome to the light ;D
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 08:02:44 PM »
After all those years in Glock Mordor, it is refreshing to see the light without all of the Orcs around, ain't it?  ;D

Congrats on the Kimber.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 08:10:51 PM »
Congratulations on your first 1911.  They are addictive.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:53:56 AM »

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 08:18:40 PM »
Addictive Hell no, I only have 11, sheesh.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 08:36:03 PM »
Addictive Hell no, I only have 11, sheesh.
And you can quit anytime you want to...., ;D Seriously, I love Glocks with a passion, but only because I really don't have much use for pistols outside of SD. I prefer DAOs with no safety for that. That said, my Hi-power, basically a lighter 1911, is a whole lot nicer and more accurate than the Glocks. One of these days I will own a rustbucket for the range. Glad you like yours.
FQ13

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »
Don't pay any attention to FQ.  He's spent too much time sniffing the Tupperware.

Welcome to the light.  Enjoy your MAN'S gun.  ;D
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

JoeG

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 02:32:57 PM »
Congratulations on your first 1911.  They are addictive.

Yea I handled an Ed Brown when buying my Kimber, now I wonder if it shoots even nicer... I can see I will have to scratch that itch one of these days.
“You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.” Gen. James Mattis

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 03:12:43 PM »
1911 si my favorite, by far. I'm glad someone else gets to enjoy the finer things in life as well.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk