Author Topic: I get to shoot my bosses this Sunday, and the company pays for it!  (Read 4928 times)

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Yep, Simunitions training this Sunday, and management plays the bad guys!  I'll let you know about the experience, at least the stuff that's allowed by policy.  :)

Should be an interesting course.
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: I get to shoot my bosses this Sunday, and the company pays for it!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 07:12:40 PM »
Considering the title,..... expect the black SUV's soon.... ::)

Simunitions to boot? Mgt. also?   Watch out, mgt. may be good shots also. Sounds like a great endeavor.

Good Luck
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 06:44:08 PM »
Considering the title,..... expect the black SUV's soon.... ::)

Simunitions to boot? Mgt. also?   Watch out, mgt. may be good shots also. Sounds like a great endeavor.

Good Luck

Some are good shots, some are not.  I've seen most of them shoot - all I'm saying is in addition to my vest and uniform, I'm wearing a cup...
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 08:47:20 PM »
After Action Report - Simunitions training rocked!  You'd be amazed at how much different it is with someone screaming and firing at you. Pistols were modified Glocks, w/ Blackhawk holsters.  Unfamiliar territory for me, but it was OK. 

We went through 24 different scenarios, ranging from innocuous bystanders to out and out 'we gonna shoot you sucka!' ones.
I personally had one where I had no choice but to fire, and was hampered by a bystander getting between me and one of the robbers. Shot the other one who was trying to sneak up on my side, got back to safety w/o firing at the farther one.  3 shots on the move, one solid hit, one near miss, one high (grip angle issue for me at 10 yds).  My other two were a robbery already in progress, could see the BG through the glass and the owner with his hands in the air.  Did not enter, retreated keeping my eye on both the corner of the 'store' and the possible accomplice near the other corner. Third scenario one guy waited outside the store readind a newspaper, passed him on the way in. No weapon showing, another guy walked by flipping me the bird with both hands. Guy reading the paper was going to rob me on exit, but I saw him move a hand from the paper and I bladed to him and the finger fella, kept them both in sight until the instructor called the scenario. Instructor said it was the first time that scenario wasn't a successful robbery. Guy playing the robber said he changed his mind because of the awareness and didn't feel like getting shot - everyone previous to this dismissed him as harmless and exposed their back as they passed.

Some other scenarios were - in a store, guy with a knife rushes in and by our man and threatens a bystander with 'if I hear you're near my wife again, I'll come back and kill you!'  Bad news, our guy shot him. Good news, our guy is 83 years old, so a life sentence isn't really that long...

Man down in the street, another guy comes screaming at our guy to call for an ambulance while pulling a cell phone put of his pocket. *Comment* The blissfully ignorant are constantly reaching into their pockets around us for no apparent reason, or taking objects out of their pockets w/in close proximity. They have no idea what condition that puts us into...

Two guys open carrying talking guns and draw techniques, complete w/ motions (not too smart, but stupidity isn't a reason to shoot) but no drawing.

Belligerent people, drunks, joggers causing issues both around the stores.  Guys trying to sell us stuff, or ask directions.

The instructors said all in all, we were by far the best and most alert branch in the company they've run this with. And, yes, I shot the boss - we did a "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" show down at the end. Hit him square in the left nipple... that's gonna hurt for a while! 

If you get the chance to do this, I highly recommend it. Should run about $200 a session, but it will show you your strengths and weaknesses under stress. It's a lot different when those around you can react and cause issues - static (or even moving) inanimate objects just don't simulate real live people and things whizzing at you.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 09:11:55 AM »
Wow!!  Sounds like great training, Fatman.  They seem to have some thoughtfully set up scenarios to get you thinking about how things work even if you only watch.  Doing them really gave you the feel of the action...and sounds like you Did Good..Grats.

Must have been fun just to watch the other scenarios too.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 12:57:31 PM »
Simunitions ROCK!!!

You can DIY it with a decent airsoft (can get them to match almost any duty/carry gun), but the real sims HURT--pain is a useful training tool no matter what the PC crowd says. 

I like the airsoft for running house clearing/defending drills in your own home.  Good safety glasses and you are G2G.  Watch out, because they will break lightbulbs and antique glass (don't end up in the doghouse like I did). 

"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 01:06:53 PM »
Simunitions ROCK!!!

You can DIY it with a decent airsoft (can get them to match almost any duty/carry gun), but the real sims HURT--pain is a useful training tool no matter what the PC crowd says. 

I like the airsoft for running house clearing/defending drills in your own home.  Good safety glasses and you are G2G.  Watch out, because they will break lightbulbs and antique glass (don't end up in the doghouse like I did). 

Correct.   In the 'Robbery' scenerio the 'Perp" decided it was a  nogo because Fatman was too aware and the perp didn't want to get shot.   More realistic than airsoft where he would have just gone for it for fun.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 07:57:54 PM »
WOW. Should be a required class for armed law-abiding citizens, Sounds like a great learning and training exp.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 02:06:39 AM »
Should be required training for employers.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 08:34:12 AM »
Should be required training for employers.

Now that is an interesting thought.

If a company or an organization (I'm thinking of the several large churches that have begun using civilian members of the congregation as security) wanted to use employees as part of their security force, they could stage this training to mirror layouts of the buildings in which the folks worked, or maybe even have the training on site. 

Could be done for the Single Active Shooter scenario or for a scenario of an assault by a larger group that was in disagreement with your church's teachings.

Not only would it be a great "Team Building" process, but think of how you learned all the nooks and crannies where you played "Cops and Robbers" or even Hide'n'Seek as kids.   

You would know where every place of concealment or cover is located and how long it takes to get there.  Good for protecting yourself and knowing where the bad guys might be lurking.

Shoot, that sounds like it would be fun to do in your house with 3 or 4 buddies and Airsofts....naw...do it in one of their  houses  ;D ;D
—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk