Author Topic: Common Sense!  (Read 4677 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Common Sense!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 08:32:34 PM »

How do you reconcile that flowery prose with the vote you cast in 08?

It's a 12 step program..... ::) I think he's on step 5 or 6 at this point.

Inner conflict relates to a Star Wars analogy, where Luke is dealing with Darth. The hope & change is a crashing and burning train wreck.

Yoda: Stopped they must be; on this all depends. Only a fully trained Jedi Knight, with the Force as his ally, will conquer Vader and his Emperor. If you end your training now - if you choose the quick and easy path as Vader did - you will become an agent of evil.

Yet the timing of GWB's book is simply fantastic.

I'd Rather Be Waterboarding!!!!!

"Damn Right"... ;D

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 08:40:49 PM »
How do you reconcile that flowery prose with the vote you cast in 08?
Four words. He (McCain) sold me out. I loved MacCain in 2000. Then, there was McCain Feingold. Then, he was W's boy after telling us the guy was a bungler. Then he went and kissed ass with Jerry Falwell and the religious right who he labled (correctly) as agents of intolerance. And then he chose Palin, knowing that he was old and in ill health. Look, I don't want to refight old battles, but please understand that I gave McCain $500 I really couldn't afford in 2000. I lobbied hard for him then. But I didn't recognize the guy in 2008. And that my friend, is the God's honest no BS truth. Take it for what it worth, but its true.
FQ13

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 09:13:52 PM »
Four words. He (McCain) sold me out. I loved MacCain in 2000. Then, there was McCain Feingold. Then, he was W's boy after telling us the guy was a bungler. Then he went and kissed ass with Jerry Falwell and the religious right who he labled (correctly) as agents of intolerance. And then he chose Palin, knowing that he was old and in ill health. Look, I don't want to refight old battles, but please understand that I gave McCain $500 I really couldn't afford in 2000. I lobbied hard for him then. But I didn't recognize the guy in 2008. And that my friend, is the God's honest no BS truth. Take it for what it worth, but its true.
FQ13

All that being said, if you REALLY believe what you said in the first post, you'd have voted for NOBODY.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 09:24:01 PM »
All that being said, if you REALLY believe what you said in the first post, you'd have voted for NOBODY.
And that might have been the better choice. But, just like every year, I showed up and voted for what I believed (rightly or wrongly) to be the least bad option. I have serious buyer's remorse about BO. But you know, I've never had a single moment where I've said "I wish McCain were President". That's kind of sad given how enthused I was about him 10 years ago (note to the board, if FQ backs a candidate, 6-4 odds you don't want to). :-\ I still stand by what I said earlier. I just haven't had a President I wanted to vote for Since GHW Bush in '88.
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 09:24:43 PM »

TT, You know that wasn't going to happen. Personally, I voted for Palin and that old baggage she dragged with her.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:11:35 AM »

tt11758

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 05:44:00 PM »
Personally, I voted for Palin and that old baggage she dragged with her.

As did I.

Timothy

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 06:41:36 PM »
As did I.

Ditto.....

As with this election cycle, I just yanked the proverbial "R" handle a the polls.  It did little good though, not a single Republican was elected into a major position in CT or MA.  Yes, there were several State level thrashings but nothing at the Congressional level and it makes absolutely no sense to me.

Einstein correctly said, it's insane to continue to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results but these Northeastern bone heads do it year after year...

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 07:12:16 PM »

Einstein correctly said, it's insane to continue to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results but these Northeastern bone heads do it year after year...

At least your not alone, Kalifornia had ALL incumbents re-elected.....Since their track record is so good, 28% approval for Gov. Arnold, 16% for State Congress, and Fed.

They decided to keep the same ol' same ol', including ma'am Boxer, Pelosi, and the new/old Moonbeam Brown, the patriarch of what "f" up Ca. 25-30 years ago.

They will also be looking for a Goldman-Sachs, AIG "bailout" when they run out of options......

Just look at the super model Michigan, and Detroit....Frankly,,,,,Mexico can have CA. back....
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 07:43:14 PM »
....Frankly,,,,,Mexico can have CA. back....

Um, in case you haven't noticed, they already do. They've just been too polite to serve papers. :-\
FQ13

tt11758

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 09:40:18 AM »
Um, in case you haven't noticed, they already do. They've just been too polite to serve papers. :-\
FQ13

Papers?  They don't need no steenking papers!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk