Author Topic: The 1911 Sucks.  (Read 15099 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The 1911 Sucks.
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 01:05:21 PM »
Adressed his reply to my reply..lmao this guy really is a tool.
And yet, he got you to visit his site at least twice. Just sayin'. ;D
FQ13

GI Joe

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 01:40:49 PM »
I agree with you Fighting Quaker. It is a nice gun to shoot when it works, but it has been in production for 100 years with that in mind the following comments should apply:

1.Colt has made them longer than anyone they should have the best one-they do not
2. after 100 years it should work flawlessly out of the box at a reasonable price-it doesnt
3. if you have to change a bunch of parts to make it reliable, is it really the same gun?
4. Generally speaking a 1911 is not as durable as modern guns

I could go on but I think I have made my point....

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 01:57:06 PM »
I agree with you Fighting Quaker. It is a nice gun to shoot when it works, but it has been in production for 100 years with that in mind the following comments should apply:

1.Colt has made them longer than anyone they should have the best one-they do not
2. after 100 years it should work flawlessly out of the box at a reasonable price-it doesnt
3. if you have to change a bunch of parts to make it reliable, is it really the same gun?
4. Generally speaking a 1911 is not as durable as modern guns

No you haven't.

Colt has nothing to do with as Singer, Remington, and other manufacturers all made them as COMBAT WEAPONS.
What is the ratio of out of the box flawlessness with other "modern pistols"?
I didn't have to change one part to make mine reliable, and yes it is the same gun.
Your point #4, is an oxymoron....uh, what model gun is it? 1911? Durable?

I expected someone with the name GI Joe to understand that. What do you think "GI Joe" carried?

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 02:15:03 PM »

I expected someone with the name GI Joe to understand that. What do you think "GI Joe" carried?

Lately? A Beretta. ;D
FQ13

DaverZ

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 02:26:11 PM »
I agree FQ,I'm done with that idiot,I've been shooting for 48 years while he's probably nothing more than a desk jockey.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:05:14 AM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 02:37:33 PM »
Yes, evolution has the modern soldier with an M9 Beretta.  Shame Americans using Italian pistols seems rather sad. I know its a fine pistol, it still seems sad.

:-\ If my Grandfather were still alive, he would remind me, that it was Americans that won over Italy..... Just don't see Patton or MacArthur with a Beretta.

;)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Timothy

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 02:48:21 PM »
I've owned both but my 1911 is still with me.  The 92 I had was sold long before the military adopted it.  I'm not going to debate "the best" anything.  Mine works, nuf said.

The best carry gun is the one you have on you when you need it!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 03:05:22 PM »

1.Colt has made them longer than anyone they should have the best one-they do not  actually for "stock guns"  they do make one of the best.
2. after 100 years it should work flawlessly out of the box at a reasonable price-it doesnt  The only issues I've ever had with 1911, where not with true 1911, they were guns that called themselfs 1911s.
3. if you have to change a bunch of parts to make it reliable, is it really the same gun? never had a issuse with reliabllity with 1911, I can't say that about other modern guns that are known for reliablity4. Generally speaking a 1911 is not as durable as modern guns  I disagree with that.  I seen many 1911s go into the several 100sk round count with the only replacment parts being main springs

The guy in the blog is looking for hits, nothing more.  that or he has been main lining glock kool aid.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2010, 03:08:19 PM »
Lately? A Beretta. ;D
FQ13

Then why is the military looking at replacements again (some of them 1911s)?
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2010, 03:14:03 PM »
Then why is the military looking at replacements again (some of them 1911s)?
Because the Beretta sucks compared to other comparable pistols (IMHO), and 9mm isn't enough gun for combat? ;). I mean its a fine round for civilian carry, but if I were made the Army's pistol Tsar for one day, the troops would be carrying Glocks in .45 or 10mm. Its idiot proof, reliable, affordable, high capacity and in either 10 mm or .45, as close to a man stopper as you are going to get in a pistol.a
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk