Author Topic: FNP question  (Read 10598 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 643
Re: FNP question
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 10:17:29 AM »
I just picked up an FNP-45 at my local dealer on Monday. It's the two-tone variety with stainless slide. ......................... The 21SF has the finger grooves, which fit my hand and help controllability. The FNP-45 has no finger grooves, but the polymer has a large checkering pattern molded on all four sides of grip that literally holds onto your hand.

I'm anxious to get it to the range. So far, I'm extremely impressed. I would sum it up by saying it's like FN took a Glock receiver, fixed the goofy grip angle and added interchangeable backstraps, exchanged the Glock's "safe-action" trigger for a DA/SA setup with ambidextrous decocker and slide release, then put a SIG slide on top. The barrel looks like a barrel; the proof will be in the shooting.

Got an update for us?  I'm back in the market for another 45....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 11:39:36 AM »
Just an aside, as this has come up in the whole SR9 imbroglio, I really like the FNP-9...I like te DA/SA set-up better than a trigger-mounted safety, and from what I've heard from some friends in Special Forces the FNP-45s were darn near indestructible.

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

DaverZ

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 04:54:38 PM »
My FNP9M is sweet,I like it much better than the glocks i owned,and i did like them a lot.IMO you cant go wrong with a FNP firearm.

Stephen A. Camp

• Active Forum Member
    • Hi Powers and Handguns
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 11:43:53 PM »
Hello.  If it might be of use, here are some personal observations on the FNP9:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/taking_a_look_at_the_fnp9_pistol.htm

Best.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 643
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 08:34:58 AM »
Thanks for the link. 

I did pick up an FNP 9 back this spring.  I've put around 400-500 rounds through it.  I did not have any malfunctions and it shoots more than well enough group wise for self defense.  Now,...I loaned it to a guy at a class we had for company team building and he had some stove pipes...but he was severly limp-wristing it...once he tightened up no problems....he is a landman so that's understandable.   ;)

I saw some great dealer deals in the CDNN catalog for FN's...so I thought I might be able to talk my buddy into the buy 3 for 4 (5 for 4?) deal if the deals still on and I can find another buyer or two.  I've got to get another Five SeveN before the election and another 45 to put up for future grandchildren...so that's why the question on the FNP 45. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:29:23 PM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 08:10:25 PM »
Timely post.... Guess what's on the cover of American Handgunner mag?

The FNP .45.

Here's the link, and John Taffin Review.
http://www.americanhandgunner.com/Ftrs/ND08/FN.html

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 07:36:20 PM »
I went to my local gun store and fell in lust: I saw the new FNP-45 Tactical! What I like about this pistol is the slide has been designed to accept a red dot sight that allows the dot to sit atop the front sight. Therefore, if the red dot is out, I still have my sights.

Has any one tried one of the FNP 45s lately?

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF062&gid=FNG001&mid=FNM0173

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 08:27:24 PM »
Be still my beating heart! 

tekoken

• "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry
  • Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 10:57:14 PM »
I love my FNP9 USG & if you have the means I recommend you get one !!!!! It's a sweet shooter & looks good too. I will eventually own the FNP 45 tactical also. It's true that the accessory market isn't really there yet but you can find a good holster & some night sights pretty easy. I did a range report thread on mine a few months back, if you look it should be pretty easy to find. 
"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty, teeth and keystone under independence. The church, the plow, the prairie wagon and citizens' firearms are indelibly related. From the hour the pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences and tendencies prove that, to ensure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. Every corner of this land knows firearms, and more than 99 and 99/100 percent of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil influence. They deserve a place of honor with all that's good. When firearms go, all goes. We need them every hour." George Washington

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 04:41:49 AM »
I've checked out the feel of the FNP and like it a lot.  Don't know anyone who has one to try,,,not even a range.  Probably would never buy one because I can't work the safety fast enough but that is just me (can't use a Swenson type safety on a 1911 either!).  Prefer to save money for something I can shoot and carry with confidence!

JMHOFWIW

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk