Author Topic: LCP pocket carry ?  (Read 14393 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LCP pocket carry ?
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 07:12:57 PM »
I carry the LCP in front right pocket in a Desantis pocket holster. My Kershaw knife is in the back right pocket, next to the wallet, blade against the seam.

OK, I USED to carry that way, until I got stupid and let my CCW lapse.  >:( Have the new paperwork, will be sending it in soon.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 08:06:12 AM »
While carrying the Ruger LCP in Desantis A8 holster it is always on my right side while my Smith and Wesson SWAT automatic knife is in my left front pocket. This is a rare occurrence cause I usually have my Glock 30SF on my right side.  ;D

jyates

• Forum Member
    • Check out my blog here! (New & in development)
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 11:53:29 AM »
I carry a LCP with Crimson Trace Lasergrips  in a CT pocket holster. I used to carry my knife clipped to my right (strong side) pocket, but now that I carry the LCP, the knife is in the left pocket. Yes, its hard to get used to the knife not being where I have carried it forever, but I cant afford Murphys law kicking in and keeping me from being able to draw my firearm, due to the knife being a obstruction. You arent overthinking, visualizing these problems to work though, beforehand, makes you more prepared.

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 11:58:09 AM »
Another factor I found carrying my Kel - Tec the same way is that even if the knife doesn't get in the way of accessing the pistol there is a chance of snagging it on the draw.
Worst case, you get hung up, best case, you possibly lose a decent knife.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 01:03:38 PM »
You can get a Clipdraw for the LCP.

http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index.php?rn=395&action=show_detail

If you do carry using the Clipdraw, you will need to wipe down and oil a bit more often due to body moisture.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:25:42 PM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 01:12:53 PM »
That looks nifty Solus. Anyone ever used it?
FQ13

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 01:34:09 PM »
That looks nifty Solus. Anyone ever used it?
FQ13

I have one on one of my LCP's set up for right hand carry.  I installed it so the minimum gun would show.  This may have been a mistake since it makes for a slower draw.

I have one for my second LCP and will set it up for left hand use and will allow a bit more to show.  More showing will not be a problem.  It will still be so little that a bit of a loose tuck on a shirt will cover it.

I will remove the tape and reapply on the right  hand one.

I have found it is not extremely useful with the carry options I use.  

I have always felt that one of the LCP's would be the most likely gun I'd respond with in most SD situations.  I carry in a outside jacket or vest pocket 95% of the time and have a hand on one of them most of the time.  I could respond faster with an LCP than the IWB Glock 23 or the Glock 21SF in a Smartcarry.

With the Glock 23 in the IWB, it is quicker to present than the LCP in the clipdraw since I am not as likely to have a hand on the LCP.

However, I do like having that option to give the LCP more usefulness as a BUG in the off hand carry.

P.S.  I used a Clipdraw with the Glock 23 for a short time.  Removed it because it just did not seem safe outside a holster with the Glock's Safe Action Trigger system.  

You can get a Trigger Safety for the Glock at the Clipdraw site  

http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index.php?rn=396&action=show_detail

but it seems easier to me to just use an IWB holster.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 01:53:28 PM »
I'm leery of the tape on a heavier gun. Have you tried it on a 1911, or full sized revolver ?
Does it seem secure enough on the LCP ?

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 02:01:55 PM »
I'm leery of the tape on a heavier gun. Have you tried it on a 1911, or full sized revolver ?
Does it seem secure enough on the LCP ?
Afraid of catching "Plaxicoitis"? ;D Seriously, the absence of a triger safety doesn't worry me. The solution to that is easy. I don't see anything to snag it from an uhosltered IWB carry as long as the booger hook is where it should be, eg, far from the trigger. Thanks for the report, I will look at it a bit more. The G-26 is a bit heavier than the LCP, about 24 oz loaded, but still not all that heavy. This might be a nice option. Do you use a De Santis by any chance? I was wondering if you could fit it into one clip and all.
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 02:04:32 PM »
You quoted the wrong post FQ  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk