Author Topic: CLIPS KILL - ( I know this will be a shock to Haz)  (Read 16679 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1099
Re: CLIPS KILL - ( I know this will be a shock to Haz)
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 03:02:52 PM »
Yes, but there are fewer and fewer sheep dogs (in an ever-increasing society) than there were 100 years ago..... or even 50 years ago..... sadly, so many of them are being assimilated as sheep themselves.

I'm not saying for the ones that are left not to fight.....just that they are becoming fewer and farther between.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 03:06:49 PM »
Peg: There have always been more sheep than sheep dogs.

Let us remember Dr. Liviu Librescu.  Why does a 76 year old professor still go teach everyday?
Why does a 15 year old Lithuanian boy survive the Nazi death camps?
Why does an unarmed man fight an armed gunman at the door?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liviu_Librescu
"There is some good in this world and it's worth fighting for" :'(

Because some bureaucrats didn't trust him to carry a gun.

How can they sleep at night or look in the mirror.

He was unarmed, shot 5 times and still struggled to stop the killer and save all his students before he died....
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

oldkat69

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »
 :-X
I give up guys but my 21 year old dog carries his SR9c in a Crossbread
every where he can, which ain't much since he is a college student
and my 18 year old dog has his Maine nonresident application on his desk.

I used to be open minded but my brain kept falling out.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2012, 03:58:13 PM »
No need to "give up"...??... I don't think anyone is necessarily disagreeing with you on anything, just stating obvious societal observations.....at least in my case.

There have always been more sheep dogs than sheep........ but with the flock size growing, and so many people becoming even more apathetic and self-centered, there just aren't enough sheep dogs to go around any more, IMHO. The stories of decent folk standing up for others in violent encounters are getting more and more rare.....that was all I was getting at.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

oldkat69

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2012, 04:03:02 PM »
 :)  Not that kind of give up.  We can talk the situation to death, but our real job is to create a few new sheep dogs as we go along and prepare them to be on watch.   8)
Thanks for the encouragement!
I used to be open minded but my brain kept falling out.

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 02:09:31 PM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2012, 04:12:32 PM »
:)  Not that kind of give up.  We can talk the situation to death, but our real job is to create a few new sheep dogs as we go along and prepare them to be on watch.   8)
Thanks for the encouragement!

I have one, myself....(my 22 year old son who just happens to be my neighbor)....I think he listened a lot when it counted...  ;)  ;)

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2012, 05:30:57 PM »
:o I hate to get all serious on you guys but lets look at these incidents for a bit:

Virginia Tech: 49 casualties, 32 killed, 17 wounded. "Gun Free Zone",   authorities wait outside until the evil doer is done

Fort Hood: 47 casualties,13 killed, 34 wounded.  "Gun Free Zone", "when seconds counted authorities were minutes away"

Columbine: 39 casualties, 13 killed, 23 wounded.  "Gun Free Zone",   authorities waited outside until the evil doers were
                                                                     done.

Tucson: 19 casualties, 6 people killed, 13 wounded.  Constitutional Carry Zone  Armed and unarmed citizens stop the evil
                                                                          doer in a matter of seconds and prevent even more casualties.

At this point  A.C.P. 45 trumps  H.R. 308, as introduced by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) to ban large capacity ammunition magazines, like the one used by the Tucson shooter.

So, lemme see if'n I got this... 

Guns don't kill people... 

Gun Free Zones kill people.

I guess I'm still gonna carry my cute little .40S&W Glock.

Crusader
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2012, 05:46:52 PM »
So, lemme see if'n I got this... 

Guns don't kill people... 

Gun Free Zones kill people.

I guess I'm still gonna carry my cute little .40S&W Glock.

Crusader

**Wink-Wink...Nudge-Nudge**

I've finally carried mine so long that the Tennifer (sp) coating on the slide is wearing thin and bare metal is showing through.  :o

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 06:03:44 PM »
The solution is simple. 

Just change the law to read that only honest people can carry guns.

You will have a law that criminals will not obey, just as usual ...and the same law that will be followed by honest people ...just like now...

The difference would be that honest people would be able to defend themselves.

I really would like to see a discussion with a lawmaker about just what part of that outcome they object to, particularly since the existing law does nothing to prevent criminals from going into gun free zones and killing.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2012, 06:12:17 PM »
The CITY of Chicago has some of the most anti gun laws in the nation .
The STATE of New Hampshire has next to no gun laws.
Over the 4th of July weekend 2012 Chicago had 77 shootings.
I doubt NH has had that many shootings in the last 50 years.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk