Author Topic: New Mares leg from Henry?  (Read 8079 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Mares leg from Henry?
« on: February 01, 2011, 11:05:58 AM »
HENRY H001ML LEVER 22LR MARES LEG

Ever hear of it?  Was it made, is it gonna be made?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_107/products_id/73925
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: New Mares leg from Henry?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 12:37:53 PM »
Haz there is a link to Henry on Bud's site.  It does show that item in their catalog.

FWIW

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

BAC

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 02:56:57 PM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 04:03:02 PM »
Here's one in .45 Colt:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/107/products_id/73926

Yeah but it's a lot more expensive than a Rossi Ranch Hand AND it does NOT have a side loading gate!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

BAC

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 04:16:49 PM »
Yeah but it's a lot more expensive than a Rossi Ranch Hand AND it does NOT have a side loading gate!

Damn!  Jump down my throat, why don't 'cha?

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:38:44 PM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 04:59:24 PM »

Came back after doing some research to say the same thing!

Only think on the Rossi that I am not sure on is the large loop lever.  Henry's medium looks more to my liking, but not for twice the money.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 07:22:12 PM »
BAC,  Hope you were kiddin cause I didn't mean to "jump".

M58, replacing a lever ain't that hard or expensive.  I don't like the Rossi loop either (would rather have a regular one) but if I had the $ I'd buy it in a NY minute and just replace the lever.

Gr8Heath

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 12:33:36 PM »
Picked up my Mare's leg in 22lr, very interesting and affordable, compared to the 44mag version, which I originally saw. Only Complaint is how it loads and it's capacity. 10rds sounds good, I just get tired taking the plug out of the mag tubes so often. This marks my first lever action ANYTHING. maybe that's it.

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »

Picked up my Mare's leg in 22lr, very interesting and affordable, compared to the 44mag version, which I originally saw. Only Complaint is how it loads and it's capacity. 10rds sounds good, I just get tired taking the plug out of the mag tubes so often. This marks my first lever action ANYTHING. maybe that's it.

That's the down side to Henry Vs a Winchester design. Henry sticks with the original tube loading, it wasn't until Winchester came along that they came up with the gate for loading through the receiver. Winchester and Colt both used similar systems.

Skip that crap and get a Spencer.

Note the Caliber choices !

http://chiappafirearms.com/product/815

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »
That's the down side to Henry Vs a Winchester design. Henry sticks with the original tube loading, it wasn't until Winchester came along that they came up with the gate for loading through the receiver. Winchester and Colt both used similar systems.

Skip that crap and get a Spencer.

Note the Caliber choices !

http://chiappafirearms.com/product/815

I wonder what those will run? I always wanted a Spencer or Sharps (or both ;D)
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk