Author Topic: The 10mm  (Read 17422 times)

tombogan03884

Re: The 10mm
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 02:06:20 PM »
the best thing is to buy a Glock 21 and pick up a 10mm barrel and a couple mags. This way you can shoot mostly 45 but switch to 10 for occasional fun. I've got a 6.5" ported 10mm barrel I put in my G21 for woods use.

Hey Bafsu,   I hate you.     ;D

bucktracker

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 05:28:06 PM »
I own a G20sf and a G29sf.I have lone wolf 10mm-40sw conversion barrels for both as well.This allows me to carry the 10mm and practice with 40sw after I'm out of 10mm ammo.Great option.best of both wolrds.simply swap out barrels.no modifications are necessary.use the same mags.functions great.
"Live free or Die"

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 09:25:25 PM »

Hey Bafsu,   I hate you.     ;D
You'll hate me even more when you learn I bought it "used" with 50rds down it and paid all of $75 to get it. ;D
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2011, 11:27:20 PM »
You'll hate me even more when you learn I bought it "used" with 50rds down it and paid all of $75 to get it. ;D

Now we ALL hate you!   :P
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2011, 11:45:44 PM »

I think I'm going to cry.   :'(

;D

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:40:47 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 12:28:00 AM »
did I mention I have 6 delta elites...  its not hoarding, I actually need them   ;D
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 06:18:09 AM »
VLTOR is (supposedly) making the new Bren Ten. I'm on the contact list for updates which haven't happened for almost a year now. They have been working on the project publicly for almost 3 years now. It was announced at either the 2008 or 2009 Shot Show. ..............

Latest is the distributor is no longer the distributor...which leaves a big hole in what is going on as in are they produced already, going to be produced, in a warehouse or what?  Here is what VLTOR is saying;

"We would like to inform our customers, industry partners and friends that Sporting Products of West Palm Beach, FL is no longer handling the distribution or sales of the Vltor Bren Ten pistol – this news came to us recently from Sporting Products and we are unable to make any further comments regarding the dissolution.

We do want to let everyone know that we are bringing the full management and oversight of the Vltor Bren Ten back under our roof; effective immediately the design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of the Bren Ten will be solely and squarely on Vltor Weapon Systems and Abrams Airborne Manufacturing. We hope that this repositioning will allow us to not only oversee this project from start to finish, but that it will also put us in direct contact with the retailers and customers. In the next few weeks, we will reestablish our presence on the Internet and open the forum to provide updated and candid information about the Bren Ten pistol.

We do want to say that beyond our initial discussions to use Sporting Products as the sole distributor of the Bren Ten, we have not committed to any pre-orders or sales agreements, nor have we received any down payment for any of the Bren Ten pistols. If you believe that you have a purchase agreement of any type for the Bren Ten, you should contact Sporting Products directly with your concerns.

Again, we hope to make the best of this event and get the Vltor Bren Ten to the shooting market as soon as possible
."

I guess it wouldn't be a Bren if it did not have problems coming onto the market........

I have a Bren I won't shoot and a Kimber in 10MM that I do shoot.  Ammo may not be available at Wal Mart but it is not hard to find at all in the Tulsa area.  Full power ammo is easily available from Doubletap from their website directly or outlets like Midway USA, etc.

Not only did the Bren have a problem with mags, it had a problem with porosity in the castings as my original Bren shows an indication of porosity.  The Kimber has no such problem but I did replace the 18 lb spring with a 24 lb spring to extend the 1911's life beyond 10,000 rounds.  That was another problem with the 10MM...it broke guns and the new VLTOR Bren should not have these problems....if it ever comes to the market.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2011, 12:33:52 AM »
I was going to ask bafsu92 how much but then he already answered. Wow, you made out like a bandit. I do have a G21SF so I may need to research the price since they both utilize the same lower on a Glock.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2011, 04:59:23 AM »
I fired a 10mm for the first time last night. Right snappy round that is!  It feels "snappy" as opposed to feeling like a hammer. A 357 comes straight back at you-feels like a hammer. This is more like just a very lively 40 or 45. Nice round, but kinda hard to find.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

tombogan03884

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2011, 09:03:12 AM »

After further consideration I have decided I will not cry, I will just hope you sprain both ankles and get the sh!ts at the same time !  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk