Author Topic: Operation Fast & Furious  (Read 31386 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Operation Fast & Furious
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2011, 07:35:52 PM »
ATF, like IRS and Secret Service are part of the Treasury Dept.

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2011, 07:50:53 PM »
That book will only get airplay on FOX or slammed on the other channels.  For the most part it will be a nonevent.

The questions we need to have answer's for are basicly:

1.  If you're so vehemently opposed to Fast and Furious, why aren't you screaming about Wide Reciever?
2.  If you say that Fast and Furious is an act of war becasue illegal arms were given to terrorist drug cartels in Mexico and are being used to destabilize the country, aren't Bush and his A.G. equally as guilty?

Pecos Bill

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2011, 07:57:36 PM »
ATF, like IRS and Secret Service are part of the Treasury Dept.

Tom you might want to check that fact. I do believe the ATFE was transfered to DOJ a few years ago. They were under Treasury.

Pecos
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress, but I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

tombogan03884

« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2011, 07:57:51 PM »
That book will only get airplay on FOX or slammed on the other channels.  For the most part it will be a nonevent.

The questions we need to have answer's for are basicly:

1.  If you're so vehemently opposed to Fast and Furious, why aren't you screaming about Wide Reciever?
2.  If you say that Fast and Furious is an act of war becasue illegal arms were given to terrorist drug cartels in Mexico and are being used to destabilize the country, aren't Bush and his A.G. equally as guilty?

1- Because Wide Receiver seems to have actually led to arrests and convictions which F&F has not.

2- Wide Receiver was a criminal investigation launched with "Probable cause". F&F was a propaganda stunt used to support Pelosi's BS "Iron River" attack on gun rights.
So NO, Bush and his AG are not guilty of attempting to subvert our Constitutional rights.
Additionally, the Bush operation did not get any Americans killed and since he did not get caught he did not lie about it.

Pecos Bill

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2011, 08:03:29 PM »
Isn't this a great country! If you are a high placed official in the federal government and you are an accomplis in breaking the law you are simply reassigned within your branch of the government!

What a country!

Pecos
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress, but I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

Sponsor

« Reply #95 on: Today at 09:41:55 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2011, 08:06:42 PM »
Must have been part of their "punishment" for Waco.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2011, 08:23:48 PM »
Op Wide Receiver, actually arrested the straw purchasers, and the buyers. Right there, with old fashioned stake outs and warrants.

Now we have this LIE. http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/

Question: Yes, Madam Secretary, on the issue of arms, part of the problem -- I mean, the question basically is, do you -- how success do you expect to be in this effort to clamp down on the trafficking of arms going into Mexico, where part of the problem is, you know, all these (inaudible) along the border? I mean, do you expect to go up against the people who sell these arms, which is part of the problem? I mean, maybe you can be successful in stopping arms, but if you don't do anything -- do something on the source of this illegal business, how can you expect to have a real impact on this issue?

Secretary Napolitano: Several things. One is, first of all, you've got to interdict the arms. You've got to stop them from going into Mexico. That's why we're increasing the southbound inspections. That's why we're moving the technology to the border to help with screening going into the border. We're coordinating with Mexico because they can do more by way of southbound screening on their side of the border.

But then the Department of Justice, moving their agents down there, as David said, and increasing tracing, that will help us identify who are -- who is putting those arms into the arms -- those guns into the arms of the traffickers moving south. And out of that, there can reasonably be seen more prosecution of actual arms dealers who are intentionally and knowingly putting arms into the hands of the smugglers.

So that is part of the reason why the Department of Justice is such an essential part of this initiative on Mexico. (Emphasis supplied, MBV.)

Remember, It's not just DOJ. It's a smorgasbord including the State Dept. DEA, DHS, and FBI. Probably more as investigations move fwd.

But Holder and BHO, knew nothing about it....Hillary is being shielded,....but yes,  it is getting that big....
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2011, 08:38:38 PM »
Thanks guys!   :)

This is why I wanted to bring this up and ask you the questions.  I knew I would get the informed answers here.  8)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2011, 09:11:54 PM »
The convenient re-assignment of ATF Agent Kevin O'Reilly to IRAQ,...(really)? as to avoid Congressional hearings speaks volumes...

When you’ve got bad news, release it on Friday. The White House followed that dictum yesterday by surrendering carefully selected documents to Congressional investigators exploring the link between Operation Fast and Furious and the Obama Administration. CBS has obtained records that prove that then-ATF Special Agent in Charge of the Phoenix office (and Fast and Furious coordinator) Bill Newell and then-White House National Security Staffer Kevin O’Reilly were schmoozing about F&F by phone and email. [Click here for the pdf.] The White House said the two men never discussed the fact that ATF guns were walking. Riiiiight. That’s why O’Reilly’s now in Iraq, “on assignment,” where he can’t be contacted . . .

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/10/robert-farago/atf-death-watch-91-doj-considers-eliminating-atf/

OBTW, AZ, ATF Agent Jesse Raponi,....just happened to kill his wife and himself at 37 years old, this Spring...while his 3 children ran to neighbors....No reason, no motive, One short SNIP of a story,....nothing to see here....no follow-up.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/04/06/20100406murder-suicide-flagstaff.html

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2011, 07:26:00 AM »
The convenient re-assignment of ATF Agent Kevin O'Reilly to IRAQ,...(really)? as to avoid Congressional hearings speaks volumes...

When you’ve got bad news, release it on Friday. The White House followed that dictum yesterday by surrendering carefully selected documents to Congressional investigators exploring the link between Operation Fast and Furious and the Obama Administration. CBS has obtained records that prove that then-ATF Special Agent in Charge of the Phoenix office (and Fast and Furious coordinator) Bill Newell and then-White House National Security Staffer Kevin O’Reilly were schmoozing about F&F by phone and email. [Click here for the pdf.] The White House said the two men never discussed the fact that ATF guns were walking. Riiiiight. That’s why O’Reilly’s now in Iraq, “on assignment,” where he can’t be contacted . . .

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/10/robert-farago/atf-death-watch-91-doj-considers-eliminating-atf/

OBTW, AZ, ATF Agent Jesse Raponi,....just happened to kill his wife and himself at 37 years old, this Spring...while his 3 children ran to neighbors....No reason, no motive, One short SNIP of a story,....nothing to see here....no follow-up.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/04/06/20100406murder-suicide-flagstaff.html

The agent was Daniel Raponi.  Jesse was his wife.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk