Author Topic: Ruger's New 10 Shot Single Six  (Read 6020 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
Ruger's New 10 Shot Single Six
« on: July 20, 2011, 06:34:35 AM »
http://ruger.com/products/newModelSingleSixSingleTen/models.html

First I've heard of it. I wish they would come out with a Stainless version of the .357 / 9 MM Convertible.   Bill T.

silverback

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ruger's New 10 Shot Single Six
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 08:18:33 AM »
i hope they will offer the 22 mag cylinder with that. It would be the icing on the cake.    Still want them to come back out with the blackhawk 38/40/10 convertible again.  perfect addition to my glock 20.

bill T.:  http://www.gunsamerica.com/931517789/Guns/Pistols/Ruger-Single-Action-Revolvers/Blackhawk-Type/Ruger_0320_KBN36X_357_9mm_Convertible_New_Blackhawk.htm
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"

Badgersmilk

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 08:35:40 AM »
i hope they will offer the 22 mag cylinder with that. It would be the icing on the cake.    Still want them to come back out with the blackhawk 38/40/10 convertible again.  perfect addition to my glock 20.

bill T.:  http://www.gunsamerica.com/931517789/Guns/Pistols/Ruger-Single-Action-Revolvers/Blackhawk-Type/Ruger_0320_KBN36X_357_9mm_Convertible_New_Blackhawk.htm

If they do they'll have to essentially ruin the entire gun.  There are a dozen compromises made to be able to fire both calibers.  Their not both the same bore size.

If it's not a compromise gun, and the trigger isn't terrible, I'll be doing a range report on one!   ;)

silverback

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 08:52:17 AM »
If they do they'll have to essentially ruin the entire gun.  There are a dozen compromises made to be able to fire both calibers.  Their not both the same bore size.

If it's not a compromise gun, and the trigger isn't terrible, I'll be doing a range report on one!   ;)

i have always heard good things about the six round  single six convertible can you elaborate further? 
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"

Badgersmilk

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 08:56:17 AM »
http://ruger.com/products/newModelSingleSix/index.html

Ahh crap.  It's the same thing as a single six.  They can keep it.   ::)

There are a few threads on here that go into detail about all the ways this compromise is an abortion. It gets lengthy.  But if all you care about is being able to shoot the two calibers with some kind of ball park accuracy / performance, and just love single actions.  Yeah, their fine guns.   :-\

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:52:00 PM »

silverback

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 08:58:55 AM »
http://ruger.com/products/newModelSingleSix/index.html

Ahh crap.  It's the same thing as a single six.  They can keep it.   ::)

There are a few threads on here that go into detail about all the ways this compromise is an abortion. It gets lengthy.  But if all you care about is being able to shoot the two calibers with some kind of ball park accuracy, and just love single actions.  Yeah, their fine guns.   :-\

got it.   i will have to do a search on the compromise to gather more info.  thanks for the heads up.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 09:10:05 AM »

I've been shooting this Stainless Single Six since the mid 90's, and it's always been a good performer accuracy wise. The only "compromise" made is in bore diameter. The Single Six Convertibles have a .224 bore diameter to accommodate the .22 WMR. The standard bore size in .22 LR is .223. Some match guns might gauge a little smaller, but you still can get good results shooting .22 LR ammo in a Single Six. They are more ammo selective. I've found the Federal Bulk Packs of 550 rounds with the copper plated solids shoot best in mine.

Like all .22's you have to play with them to find what they like best. The best thing to do is buy several boxes of most every brand and bullet weight you can find. Also some shoot standard velocity better than high speed, some visa verse. Thanks for the link on the Stainless .357 / 9 MM. I had no idea they even made them. That's the first one I've ever seen.  Bill T.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 09:18:58 AM »
http://www.ruger.com/products/newModelBlackhawkDE/models.html

The Stainless .357 / 9 MM Convertible guns appear to be a limited production, exclusive distributor run from Ruger for Williams Shooter Supply.  Bill T.

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 09:23:59 AM »
I beleive BM was talking about a 38/40/ 10mm convertible. there's about .050 difference in bore diameter between  .38 (.357 ) and 40/ 10mm  (.400 ) It can't shoot both well.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 09:33:01 AM »
My dad has a .357 lever gun.  Have to let him know about the revolver.

There seriously are around 10 compromises involved with the .22lr / .22WMR guns.  Forcing cone angles & lengths, extended cylinder length issue, bore size, threads, it goes on and on and on, and none of it is good for the performance of either caliber.  Hence "compromise gun".  Yeah, they'll shoot.  But could do so much better if built to purpose.

I'd agree accuracy isn't like you may as well throw the gun at something, but I personally would never take it hunting.  And side by side with a S&W 617, or any built to purpose revolver, anyone is going to have to admit the short comings.

It's like the Taurus "Judge" .410 / .45 thing.  Still neat.  Just not for me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk