Author Topic: Chaos and Confusion: We DON'T Need Guns on Every Corner  (Read 4054 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
Chaos and Confusion: We DON'T Need Guns on Every Corner
« on: August 10, 2011, 05:19:54 PM »
For you edification, education and because I own stock in the company that makes your blood pressure medicine:

The latest from the Brady Bunch's new president, Dennis Henigan.

Interesting thought he has.  I wish the LEOs had a flag in their database:  NO ARMED POLICE OFFICERS. 

"CAR 54, respond to the Henigan residence.   3 thugs armed with crowbars are smashing in the door." 
"And, uh Car 54? Our records show he doesn't like guns so leave them in the car."

"Uh, Disptach?............Uh Car 54 here.  Uh, you have an ETA on when those thugs might be leaving?  We'll wait and take the victims' statement afterwards.  After all we wouldn't want to add to the chaos and confusion.   Someone might get hurt."

Chaos and Confusion: We DON'T Need Guns on Every Corner

Add a gun to any highly charged situation and all you are going to get is chaos and confusion - often ending in a horrendous tragedy.

Since the Norwegian shooting on July 22nd there have been ten mass shootings in America. Add stronger firepower and shootings become even more deadly.

We are fighting to end this senseless violence but we need your help.

We are already gearing up for the next legislative session. Because the easy availability of assault clips makes a dangerous situation even more deadly, banning high capacity assault clips is a legislative priority for us.

Please help us in our work to ban assault clips in this country. These clips are specifically designed to enable shooting mass numbers of people quickly and efficiently without reloading - and are not needed for hunting or self-defense.

Just over the past few days we have seen:

Suspicion of a gunman at Virginia Tech shuts the campus down for several hours on Thursday
A family argument in Ohio on Sunday leaves seven dead
Three separate murder/suicides within one week shatter Maryland neighborhoods
This is all a direct result of the NRA’s agenda to push "any gun, anywhere for anyone" and here at the Brady Campaign we are fighting to stop them.

Adding assault clips to a gun in the wrong hands is how we get the Tucson, Virginia Tech and Columbine tragedies, and many others that don’t get national attention.

We have to stop this and with your help we can. Please give a generous gift today. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dennis Henigan
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

P.S. Click here to see Law & Order:SVU star, Richard Belzer and former NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton's new ad to ban large capacity magazines.

We need to tell lawmakers that guns only add chaos and confusion when they are in every corner of our lives.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

BAC

Re: Chaos and Confusion: We DON'T Need Guns on Every Corner
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »
They can ban "assault clips" all day long, just leave magazines alone.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 06:40:42 PM »
Crowbars, axes, framing hammers, baseball bats, tactical pens, and even those damn evil sporks will be next for banning....

Where's the spork weasel? ???
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 08:38:12 PM »
Assault clips? Will Haz junior be able to sue this tool for causing his dad's fatal aneurysm? ;D
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 08:40:25 PM »
Can we start clubbing these f*cking seals ?
Please?

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:07:00 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 08:44:44 PM »
Crowbars, axes, framing hammers, baseball bats, tactical pens, and even those damn evil sporks will be next for banning....

Where's the spork weasel? ???

I exist but to serve......... ;D

All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1079
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »
Can we start clubbing these f*cking seals ?
Please?

Now there's a sport I can get behind.  :D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

shiangti

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 05:11:05 PM »
I might be worried save a couple of things.  Conservatives will laugh at "assault clips" and liberals make laugh at the lack of ability to form a coherent sentence.  I laugh because he's a moron, and stupidity entertains me.

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 05:57:42 PM »
Your gonna love it here .   ;D

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 07:32:06 PM »
If you've read Malcolm Gladwell's Blink you'll know from wince I'm coming.

I can't tell you why, but that has got to be one of the poorest "appeals" letters I've ever seen.

So say's Alf's gut.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk