Author Topic: Glock Issues Voluntary Recall Of Recoil Spring Assembly For Gen 4.  (Read 7938 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Glock Issues Voluntary Recall Of Recoil Spring Assembly For Gen 4.
« on: September 07, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »
Just caught it.  Not a big deal, but for those who have one.

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/09/robert-farago/glock-recalls-recoil-spring-assemblies-on-gen4-guns/

Press release:

SMYRNA, GA – September 7, 2011 – GLOCK Inc. announces that it is voluntarily exchanging the recoil spring assembly (RSA) on its new Gen4 pistols shipped since August, 2009, to ensure each pistol’s performance meets the company’s demanding standards. With several variations of the RSA in the market today, GLOCK’s goal with this voluntary exchange is to standardize the RSA to gain the best possible performance in each pistol . .

GLOCK’s product development team has modified various elements of the RSA. The new RSA compensates for all design modifications made to the Gen4 and allows the pistols to function up to GLOCK’s rigid quality standards and reliability goals.

Consumers should note that Gen4 G26 and G27 models will not require a modified recoil spring.

“We are moving proactively and quickly to standardize this part of the pistol. This is a voluntary exchange specifically for the new Gen4 models,” said Gary Fletcher Vice President GLOCK Inc. “We have developed a program for consumers to send in their existing recoil spring assemblies and receive new ones at no cost.”

The replacement of the Gen4 pistol RSA can be performed as part of the regular field-strip process; consumers do not need to take the Gen4 pistol to an armorer.  Consumer’s wishing to participate in the exchange program are urged to call 1-877-745-8523 to order their new recoil spring.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1149
Re: Glock Issues Voluntary Recall Of Recoil Spring Assembly For Gen 4.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 04:41:17 PM »
A more perfect change to perfection?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

ratcatcher55

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 05:51:32 PM »
 I saw this on Todd Greens website and traded my demon M&P Pro 9 for a G17 4th gen this afternoon.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 07:17:48 PM »
A more perfect change to perfection?

Ok...so it wasn't perfect.   They just made something that was already better than the competition that much better still  ;D ;D ;D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 07:42:57 PM »
There are many nuances to perfection....  ;)

Sponsor

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 05:20:35 PM »
Glock's web site has issues.  First, they have no routing for the root domain GLOCK.COM.  You have to put in the useless WWW to access their site.  Second the opening frame has no scroll bar, so if you window isn't big enough you can't see the whole picture.  Then they have no link to press releases AND RECALL NOTICES.   I couldn't find a link in the news articles either.

Hey, I'll take a free RSA. 

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

BAC

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 05:25:20 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 05:28:53 AM »
Thanks for the link.

As for as I can tell there's no way to know about it from the GLOCK.COM web site, which appears to be the overall "corporate" site.

I'm not sure I even knew there was a TEAMGLOCK web site, which appears to be the US site, not just the shooting team's.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

BAC

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 05:51:10 AM »
Thanks for the link.

As for as I can tell there's no way to know about it from the GLOCK.COM web site, which appears to be the overall "corporate" site.

I'm not sure I even knew there was a TEAMGLOCK web site, which appears to be the US site, not just the shooting team's.

I'm glad for the new website.  I don't think they've updated the main site in many years.  Good for Glock USA.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 08:49:28 AM »
I've been trying for 3 days now to come up with some good "perfection" sarcasm.
You SOB's already used all the good ones.  >:(
Any one old enough to remember the last recall on a 1911 ?   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk