Poll

Did the Obama administration set a dangerous precedent by targeting US  citizen Alawi

No the Constitution only applies to people we approve of
1 (5.6%)
Yes,they have already reffered to veterans, gun owners, and conservitives as terrorists, this shows they are willing to start killing us too.
17 (94.4%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Assasinating US Citizens  (Read 12431 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Assasinating US Citizens
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2011, 09:34:46 AM »
I don't know Tim, those missiles are pretty darn accurate.    ;D

But I have to add, the fact that some one who claims to care about gun rights, and then could vote "No the Constitution only applies to people we approve of" on this poll absolutely disgusts me.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2011, 12:23:03 PM »
This bothers me in the same way that the killings of Bonnie and Clyde in 1934 bothers me.  In each case, representatives of our government took it upon themselves to execute American citizens without due process of law.  The fact that in each case these people "needed killing" is irrelevant.  Due process requires an attempt at apprehension to be made, period.  It happened that way in neither case.

Speaking as someone whose ass IS big enough to be used as a missile target, not to mention someone Janet from another planet has already grouped into the terrorist category, this incident bothers me greatly.

Don't confuse something that may be "justice" with that which is "legal".  The two are not necessarily synonymous.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2011, 01:31:13 PM »
I don't know Tim, those missiles are pretty darn accurate.    ;D

But I have to add, the fact that some one who claims to care about gun rights, and then could vote "No the Constitution only applies to people we approve of" on this poll absolutely disgusts me.

They're heat seekers - Don't Fart!!! :o
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2011, 01:40:03 PM »

The Third Geneva Convention of 1949 states that legal rights are extended to combatants only if they are under the command of a recognizable person responsible for his subordinates, are wearing or displaying a distinctive sign recognizable at a distance, are carrying arms openly, and conduct themselves according to international laws of war. Unless ALL of these conditions are met, the combatants may be considered francs-tireurs (in the original sense of "illegal combatant") whose punishment may include summary execution.

A very famous case of this was recorded on film and in a Pulitzer Prize-winning photograph in Vietnam on February 1, 1968, when Nguyen Van Lem, a Viet Cong guerilla, was summarily executed by Nguy?n Ng?c Loan, the chief of the national police.

Neither Lem nor al-Awlaki met the Convention’s requirements, and under international law their executions were legal.

There is nothing that says we must “fight fair” with extranational forces whose actions – indeed, whose very existence – is largely unanticipated by the laws of war. On the moral question, I submit that until the Nobel committee begins to award prizes for veterinary medicine, mad dogs may be put down with impunity.

Elvis has left the building, and I am done with this post. No one is changing anyone's mind. We all have our positions, and I am moving on.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2011, 02:52:07 PM »
If you were older you might remember the absolute shitstorm that was stirred by Lem's execution, the reason the photo got a Pulitzer prize was because it so graphically illustrated the lefts contention of what evil bastards we were supporting.
It became a propaganda poster for the anti war movement and resulted in more lasting damage to the Saigon Govt than the entire Tet offensive.

The Geneva convention is irrelevant. What you can't get through your head is no matter what his advocated, no matter where he was, he was a US citizen murdered with out trial by the US govt.
And the fact that you could even consider condoning this appalls me.

They're heat seekers - Don't Fart!!! :o

They aren't that sensitive.
It's OK as long as you don't light them  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 11:33:21 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2011, 02:55:31 PM »
I also advocate that the Constitution is our national supreme law of which is not subject to terms and conventions of any foreign convention we sign up to.  If something we sign up to is in opposition to our constitution it was wrongfully signed.  If an agreement addresses instances not covered by the US Constitution that would bind us to that convention legally.

I still want to know who went to jail for shooting Randy Weaver's minor son in the back as his arm was dangling by a piece of meat screaming for his daddy.  Who went to jail for shooting Weaver's wife in the face?

Killing citizens without due process will end badly for U.S.  
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2011, 03:04:57 PM »
I also advocate that the Constitution is our national supreme law of which is not subject to terms and conventions of any foreign convention we sign up to.  If something we sign up to is in opposition to our constitution it was wrongfully signed.  If an agreement addresses instances not covered by the US Constitution that would bind us to that convention legally.

I still want to know who went to jail for shooting Randy Weaver's minor son in the back as his arm was dangling by a piece of meat screaming for his daddy.  Who went to jail for shooting Weaver's wife in the face  while she was holding a baby?

Killing citizens without due process will end badly for U.S.  

FIFY      :-\

Then there is the incineration of the Branch Davidians who weren't guilty of anything at all.

Here's another issue, who says he was a terrorist at all ? 
Where is the evidence.
Are you going to take the Govt's word with out the slightest bit of verification ?
The same Govt that smuggled guns to drug cartels so they could use the "iron river" as an excuse to abridge your rights ?

I'm am just totally flabbergasted that any who calls themselves an American can justify this.

Timothy

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2011, 03:56:02 PM »
They aren't that sensitive.
It's OK as long as you don't light them  ;D

My farts have the escence of rose petals with a glistening, spring dew!

8)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2011, 04:32:35 PM »
<snip>
Then there is the incineration of the Branch Davidians who weren't guilty of anything at all.
<snip>

I should have brought up the idiot Koresh and his bunch too.  There was a great expose' of the ATF in the Sunday Times Picayune after that incident (The ATF ran the operation out of the Metairie office on Lake Ave & Veterans Blvd.....just 5-6 blocks or so down from where I lived).  The Sheriff for the county said he could have driven up to arrest Koresh peacefully at any time.  You probably did not see the two cattle trucks loaded up with ATF agents giving the Branch Davidians the end of the world they were waiting for.   Anyway, a friend of mine's wife worked for the Lafayette, La. branch of Customs (no longer open) when the guy running the ATF op called requesting Custom's officers to assist.  The guy heading up Customs there could tell it was something that smelled and said no.  The ATF guy pretty much dressed him down demanding why they could not participate in which Customs responded they had a need-to-know op....ATF manager demanded to know what it is and the Customs guy said "need-to know" and hung up.  

I still remember the black Ford Taurus's the ATF guys roared up and down the road on back at Lake Avenue.   Some of them acted quite arrogantly at the quick stop there on the corner or at Schwegmann's Grocery or the at the cleaners across the street from their office....left you with no doubt they were better than you....others were polite and nice.

Davidians....Weaver.....Fast & Furious....what do they have in common?  Fascism outside of due or legal process?

I don't doubt the guy who ate the missile was a bad guy...it just sets a precedent for the rest of us.  I wonder if Big Sis or Holder or some other demigod in the government is planning a Davidian's/Weaver type thing for before the election to whip up some support for the Dems?  I mean hey, if what they say the world is by their outlook doesn't come true it's up to them to manufacture truth, justice and the liberal-american way.

Gosh, I would hate to know I was a flag-waving paid puppet for those guys.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2011, 12:45:12 PM »

I still want to know who went to jail for shooting Randy Weaver's minor son in the back as his arm was dangling by a piece of meat screaming for his daddy.  Who went to jail for shooting Weaver's wife in the face?

A rhetorical question, I know, but NO ONE to the best of my knowledge!!   >:(

Lon Horiuchi, was brought up on manslaughter charges for his involvement at Ruby Ridge (and he was at Waco too) had the case dismissed.   >:(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lon_Horiuchi

BASTARDS!!
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk