Author Topic: Gov. Jerry Brown makes it illegal to openly carry a handgun in public (CA)  (Read 9359 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
October 10, 2011 | 12:17 am

Gov. Jerry Brown has outlawed the open carrying of handguns in public in California, targeting a practice that top law enforcement officials had denounced as dangerous.

L.A. Police Chief Charlie Beck and L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca were among those who supported the prohibition on grounds that open toting of guns wastes officers’ time responding to calls about armed "suspects" and can lead accidentally to violent confrontation.

Assemblyman Anthony Portantino (D-La Canada Flintridge), author of the gun ban, and his supporters said California is no longer the wild west, where citizens need to carry six-shooters on their hips for protection.

"I’m pleased that it has become law," Portantino said Sunday night. "The bottom line is the streets will be safer for law enforcement and families."

The law takes effect Jan. 1. Violations will be a misdemeanor, with offenders facing up to one year in jail and a potential fine of $1,000.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/california-politics/2011/10/gov-jerry-brown-makes-it-illegal-to-openly-carry-a-handgun-in-public.html
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
thank all the SOB in so cal that were trying to start a conflict by carrying unloaded fire arms.

has nothing to do with LE being safe.

Remember how I said this was a bad idea and would come back to bite them in the ass...

I told you so.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
thank all the SOB in so cal that were trying to start a conflict by carrying unloaded fire arms.

has nothing to do with LE being safe.

Remember how I said this was a bad idea and would come back to bite them in the ass...

I told you so.

Yes, you probably should.  This will bring about much needed CCW cases.  In May a judge (I use the term loosely) ruled that 'May Issue" was OK because people could carry open and quickly load the firearm in a self defense situation..  

This just killed his reasoning so expect law suits (like IL).
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Yes, you probably should.  This will bring about much needed CCW cases.  In May a judge (I use the term loosely) ruled that 'May Issue" was OK because people could carry open and quickly load the firearm in a self defense situation..  

This just killed his reasoning so expect law suits (like IL).

LA and SF will scream bloody murder, the judge will pass the buck.

tombogan03884

TAB is a perfect example of why Ca. gets the laws they deserve.

Sponsor

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
LA and SF will scream bloody murder, the judge will pass the buck.

And it will end up at SCOTUS but they will lose.  The very 'judge' that made the CCW ruling in May even stated that the open carry fulfilled the 2A 'requirement' so even a brain dead statist like that understands that Heller, McDonald, etc have upheld the individual right to keep and bare arms.

Here is a link to an article on the CCW decision in May.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/will-judge-s-anti-concealed-carry-ruling-lead-to-catch-22-for-california-gun-own

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471

Assemblyman Anthony Portantino (D-La Canada Flintridge), author of the gun ban, and his supporters said California is no longer the wild west, where citizens need to carry six-shooters on their hips for protection.

So this will apply to LEOs as well, right?  I mean CA is no longer the wild west?

"I’m pleased that it has become law," Portantino said Sunday night. "The bottom line is the streets will be safer for law enforcement and families."

But then it also makes it safer for crooks, robbers, kidnappers, murderers and strong arm criminals.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
So this will apply to LEOs as well, right?  I mean CA is no longer the wild west?

But then it also makes it safer for crooks, robbers, kidnappers, murderers and strong arm criminals.

I was actually waiting for one of the guys with the unloaded guns to be mugged...  funny how they only were doing it in the very rich, low crime areas... I tried to tell them to take thier fight to oakland.   ;D

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908

Maybe I should move back to California where there is no reason to be prepared for self defense.

I refer you back to my thread on Minnesota:

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=17590.0

Note that these numbers are not attacks or robberies.  These numbers are based off deaths from violent crime.  Think of the odds if you through in all potentially deadly assaults and confrontations!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

No one needs a gun in Ca.     ::)

http://news.yahoo.com/8-killed-southern-california-salon-shooting-234451134.html

SEAL BEACH, Calif. (AP) — Every hair-dressing station was full at Salon Meritage Wednesday when a gunman burst through the door and began shooting, sending terrified customers diving for cover in the upscale salon tucked just blocks from the beach in this quaint seaside town. The shooter then stepped outside, shot a man sitting in a truck in the parking lot and sped off.

Six women and two men died. Their identities were not officially released but owner Randy Fannin was among the dead, his niece, Tami Scarcella, told the Los Angeles Times.

A woman who was wounded in the rampage remained in critical condition Thursday, police said.

Sgt. Steve Bowles told reporters the woman was still hospitalized but was showing some improvement. Her name was not released.

A woman who gave her name only as Cindy told the Orange County Register that she was in the salon, having her hair colored, when the gunman came in, went up to a woman stylist and fired.

At first, the customer said she thought it was a Halloween prank.

Then the man shot a woman who was having her hair shampooed, and then shot the salon owner, who was coloring Cindy's hair, she said.

"I just kept hearing boom, boom, boom, boom," she said. "I ran out. I didn't see his face. I just saw the gun in his hand and him shoot (everybody)."

Cindy said she ran next door to another business, where she went into the bathroom, closed the door and turned out the light.

"There was like a 'pop pop' ... and my receptionist screamed out, 'He just shot that man' and we all went into the bathroom and called 911," said Kimberly Criswell, who owns a salon two doors away and knew many hairstylists at Salon Meritage. "I'm sure I've lost some friends today."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE AT LINK <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk