Author Topic: Gov. Jerry Brown makes it illegal to openly carry a handgun in public (CA)  (Read 9355 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
Re: Gov. Jerry Brown makes it illegal to openly carry a handgun in public (CA)
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 08:46:21 PM »
There's only 3 parts of Ca. that suck, San Diego/LA is one big one, then there's the Bay area, and Sacramento ,
Rest of it is pretty nice.

That's kinda like saying, "She'd be a great ol' gal if she didn't have the clap....."  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 10:00:53 PM »
TAB is a perfect example of why Ca. gets the laws they deserve.

+1

I was about to post the same thing, except to leave TAB out of it. I really have no sympathy for CA. That state is financially bankrupt and it is morally bankrupt. They deserve it.

deepwater

• SNIPE
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 10:04:39 PM »
I'll be in touch (especially when Deepwater gets here!)  ;D
did I hear my name? Oysters? bloody marys? beer?
looks like I have a relief coming next port. so those Oysters may not be far off......
deepwater.
YOU CAN TEACH A MONKEY HOW TO RIDE A BICYCLE: BUT YOU CAN'T TEACH HIM HOW TO FIX IT!!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 10:22:38 PM »
Deep, Got yer message but the call back number looked like it was coming from the moon so I didn't try it.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

deepwater

• SNIPE
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 10:46:32 PM »
Deep, Got yer message but the call back number looked like it was coming from the moon so I didn't try it.
from Greece, almost like being on the moon. always on holiday or on strike. gotta be careful around here, they like doin' it Greek or takin' it in the.... oh wait. never mind.

Deep
YOU CAN TEACH A MONKEY HOW TO RIDE A BICYCLE: BUT YOU CAN'T TEACH HIM HOW TO FIX IT!!

Sponsor

tombogan03884

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 12:53:25 AM »
How do they separate the men from the boys in Greece ?
With a pry bar.
The Greek national anthem is
"I'll never leave my buddies behind".

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 02:27:43 AM »
you do know the wine country is where alot of the BS comes from right?
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

deepwater

• SNIPE
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 05:10:21 AM »
wine country is where the wine (and whine) comes from.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2011, 06:21:12 AM »

10-4.  The company I used to work for operated a lot of oil wells in wine country.  A bunch of rich double-minded jerks....the ones that did not have mineral rights had careless disregard for the mineral owner's rights and the ones who did have mineral rights would do anything for you because they got a check.  Even to the point where they would damage flowlines, tank batteries, etc. and cause spills then report and sue us for their actions if they owned now rights.  Many of the wine people did not have mineral rights because the old families held on to their easy income "mail box money". 

On the other hand sticking more towards the post, the open carry movement just got there too late.  The same arguments against open carry were purported against concealed carry, that is to say there were impassioned arguements that concealed carry would hasten the eventual outlawing of guns because people would think about guns due to the concealed carry movement bringing guns into the daily news.  That daily or frequent reminder of guns "caused" by the concealed carry movement would take us out from under the radar and get our rights revoked....exactly the opposite happened. 

If you don't stand for your rights they will be lost.  Moonbeam signed a law...California has gone backwards in gun rights whereas the rest of the nation has gone forward...especially with the concealed carry movement leading the banner.  Rather than piss and moan about the open carry guys maybe it would be better if California citizens would bring people into their sport and grow their numbers to overcome bad laws, bad politicians and bad thinking.  I bet there are a lot of people there now interested in the "forbidden fruit" of firearms that only need a friendly smile and the encouragement of an offer to try a gun legally to come over to our side.  Teaching them what is legal and not legal of California quirks would remove uncertainty and a day or two on the range would hook a lot of people. 

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 07:49:49 AM »
I'll be in touch (especially when Deepwater gets here!)  ;D

Forget a bunch of Deepwater...  He may not be back for a year.  Just don't forget about yer bestest oyster-slurpping pal, Crusader.

Sheesh, the abuse I put up with...
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk