2 (9.1%)
Bachmann
0 (0%)
Huntsman
0 (0%)
Anyone else I missed
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: The candidates!  (Read 12287 times)

mauler

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The candidates!
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2011, 02:02:55 PM »
He looks to Kissinger and Bolton for foreign policy?  Yikes.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2011, 03:16:15 PM »
mauler,  I understand you are behind Ron Paul (actually most here probably do also) and I don't have any problem with that.

But always pointing out what you see as flaws in other candidates, with supporting video isn't what is needed.

Not that we shouldn't all know what all the candidates are really about, but you don't show, with supporting evidence, how your guy is better.

And I'm not complaining, it's just that without that balance, your posts don't offer much new...just another slam at the other guys.

It would be valuable to hear how Ron Paul is different and better than those you criticize.

Take care.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2011, 03:56:16 PM »
Gee, I didn't think Cain gave a bad answer to any of Big Lib David Gregory's "gotcha" questions....

Kissinger,...let's review, Negotiated Paris Peace Accords (led to the end of American Conflict in Vietnam), SALT Treaty and a detente, (which toned down the Cold War a notch or two), Negotiated the end of the 1971 India-Pakistan War, (which liberated Bangledesh, and kept China and Russia from taking it over). Opened up "relations" with China, who we wrote off after Korea. Negotiated an end to the 1973 Yom Kippur War, (where Egypt and Syria attacked Israel), and kept Israel from turning them into polished glass,..(probably should have but,...)The Rhodesian Bush War, got a thug out of power, with a Diplomatic Attitude Adj. from Kissinger. He is also a Army Veteran, who served in the 84th Inf. Division, and volunteered for hazardous intelligence missions during the Battle Of The Bulge.

This is just some of the highlights, sure there was controversy with some policy,..just like today. But HK is a pillar of foreign policy, that has been utilized by every POTUS after Nixon.

John Bolton, got plenty of European, and other countries UN ambassadors pissed for his candid and blunt tone. (That's not a bad thing)... Was dismissed from negotiations with N. Korea, in 2003, because he called Kim Jong Il, a brutal dictator...(Wrong?)
Worked as Asst. AG for Reagan, takes a hard stance against Palestine, supports Israel, had Iran dead to rights, on nuclear proliferation in 2001.

The Democrats filibustered his nomination to ambassador,..(pissed off and scared the Dems,...good thing.) Scared the establishment RINO's also.(good thing)..
He's not a big fan of the United Nations, and publicly stated so often. Believes in American Exceptionalism as the worlds last superpower...(that BHO is quickly ending).... Thought the UN Human Rights Council, with Libya, Syria, Rhwanda, and Cuba and Iran allowed to head that Council (as they rotate each year),...was/is a damn joke. (wrong?)

Either way mauler, your probably a decent young guy, that just can't do 5 minutes worth of research before you make a "yikes" post..

Here's a thought, back in 2008, in this here very Politics thread here at DRTV, go back in the archives right before the 08 elections. We had Paul supporters than also, very determined, and some even rabid member replies in their positions....It would be a good thing to review going forward.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2011, 04:03:07 PM »
Heck, I hope he reappoints Bolton to the UN.  Maybe even Sec of State.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

mauler

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2011, 04:11:50 PM »
Here is what is better about Ron Paul than all the other candidates.

He understands, respects and obeys the Constitution.  This means he wants to end ALL Unconstitutional, undeclared wars (Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Libya).  He wants to abolish the income tax and the IRS.  He wants to end the Federal Reserve System, which is illegal and is the engine that runs the welfare/warfare state run by corporate special interests.  He wants to end the War on Drugs, which is really a war on our rights and not at all an attempt to end drug importation into this country (the government is the largest importer of drugs into this country, and they currently use their power to imprison their competitors).  Further than that, he recognizes that the Constitution does not give the federal government any authority over drugs.

Ron Paul is an economist who understands how Keynesian economics and the counterfeiters at the Federal Reserve have stolen the wealth of the American people by debasing our currency.  He is a student of Austrian economics and as such understands the business cycle created by the Fed which results in the boom and bust cycle over and over.  His understanding of monetary policy and the utter degradation that the Fed has wrought upon this country puts him in a class by himself in that he understands the real source of the rot that has set in in this country.  He is founding father material.

HE IS A PROPONENT OF LIBERTY.  He recognizes that people should be free to do whatever they wish as long as they do not harm other people or harm other people's property.

He is opposed to the domestic police state that has been ushered in since 9-11.  He voted against the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, Obamacare and on and on.  He has never voted "yes" for one piece of legislation that violates the Constitution. 

He would like to return to the peaceful foreign policy of the founding fathers which emphasized peaceful commerce and trade with all nations and no entangling alliances with foreign nations.  This is the antithesis of the insane foreign policy of empire and world policeman that has resulted in the US being viewed as an out of control monster that bombs innocent women and children to death daily around the world.  He opposes the senseless wasting of blood and treasure in maintaining a military-industrial complex driven empire with military bases in over 100 hundred countries around the world.  He recognizes that not only is an empire immoral, but also unsustainable because all empires eventually go bankrupt, both fiscally and morally.

He opposes having the emperor, er, excuse me, the president killing citizens by decree with no due process.

As president he will take a Presidential salary of just $39,336.00, which is the median salary of the American worker (The President’s base salary is normally $400,000).

He has refused any pension for his Congressional service because he believes taking a pension for public service would be immoral.

He will abolish the Department of Education.  He plans to immediately abolish 5 cabinet positions as soon as he becomes president.

He has written several very good books expounding on his support of the cause of Liberty.  I highly suggest all of them.

"There are 535 people on Capitol Hill whose job it is to write the laws that govern all of us, and he is one of them. There are 535 people on Capitol Hill whose job it is to preserve the constitution, and he is one of them. There are 535 people whose job it is to preserve our liberties, and he is one of them. But in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul, is one of us."

* Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 06:53:06 PM »

mauler

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2011, 04:29:40 PM »
Gee, I didn't think Cain gave a bad answer to any of Big Lib David Gregory's "gotcha" questions....

Kissinger,...let's review, Negotiated Paris Peace Accords (led to the end of American Conflict in Vietnam), SALT Treaty and a detente, (which toned down the Cold War a notch or two), Negotiated the end of the 1971 India-Pakistan War, (which liberated Bangledesh, and kept China and Russia from taking it over). Opened up "relations" with China, who we wrote off after Korea. Negotiated an end to the 1973 Yom Kippur War, (where Egypt and Syria attacked Israel), and kept Israel from turning them into polished glass,..(probably should have but,...)The Rhodesian Bush War, got a thug out of power, with a Diplomatic Attitude Adj. from Kissinger. He is also a Army Veteran, who served in the 84th Inf. Division, and volunteered for hazardous intelligence missions during the Battle Of The Bulge.

This is just some of the highlights, sure there was controversy with some policy,..just like today. But HK is a pillar of foreign policy, that has been utilized by every POTUS after Nixon.

John Bolton, got plenty of European, and other countries UN ambassadors pissed for his candid and blunt tone. (That's not a bad thing)... Was dismissed from negotiations with N. Korea, in 2003, because he called Kim Jong Il, a brutal dictator...(Wrong?)
Worked as Asst. AG for Reagan, takes a hard stance against Palestine, supports Israel, had Iran dead to rights, on nuclear proliferation in 2001.

The Democrats filibustered his nomination to ambassador,..(pissed off and scared the Dems,...good thing.) Scared the establishment RINO's also.(good thing)..
He's not a big fan of the United Nations, and publicly stated so often. Believes in American Exceptionalism as the worlds last superpower...(that BHO is quickly ending).... Thought the UN Human Rights Council, with Libya, Syria, Rhwanda, and Cuba and Iran allowed to head that Council (as they rotate each year),...was/is a damn joke. (wrong?)

Either way mauler, your probably a decent young guy, that just can't do 5 minutes worth of research before you make a "yikes" post..

Here's a thought, back in 2008, in this here very Politics thread here at DRTV, go back in the archives right before the 08 elections. We had Paul supporters than also, very determined, and some even rabid member replies in their positions....It would be a good thing to review going forward.

I have been studying monetary policy, the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Federal Reserve Act of 1913, the US Code, the Code of Federal Regulations, the Federalist Papers, Ludwig Von Mises, Murray Rothbard, F.A. Hayek, Ron Paul, the cause of liberty, politics, foreign policy, the Articles of Confederation, the Uniform Commerical code, Common Law and many other topics for more than 10 years.  I have done quite a bit more than 5 minutes of research, as you presume.

Henry Kissinger is the quintessential Neo-Conservative.  He has had a hand in everything from practicing population control by sending tainted vaccines to Africa to the brutal execution of MILLIONS of people around the world from East Timor to Vietnam.  He is wanted as a war criminal in several countries around the world.  Honestly, if you have no qualms with the fruits of Kissinger's labor, you may also want to cheer on the exploits of Abraham Lincoln, Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao.

Bolton is also a Neo-Conservative and Zionist who promotes "democracy" around the world through military force of guns and bombs for civilians of countries that have never attacked us.  "American Exceptionalism" is the poisonous idea that the world should be re-made into America's image, and if the world resists then they should be bombed into accepting our "benevolence".  The fact that Bolton doesn't like other murdering thugs (Kim Jong) with whom he is competing with for a spot in Hell does not make him any less of a monster.

I merely try to provide information.  Make up your own mind.  If you are a Neo-conservative and a Zionist that is fine.  Just own it and don't try to pass yourself off as someone who believes in the Constitution or is somehow fed up with the status quo.  Herman Cain offers nothing but more of the same and a perpetuation of the status quo.

BAC

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2011, 04:41:16 PM »
Completely honest question:  What exactly is a "Neo-Conservative"?  I've heard the term thrown about for years, but have never heard a definition.  Please enlighten me.

Thanks.

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2011, 04:44:45 PM »
He looks to Kissinger and Bolton for foreign policy?  Yikes.

After listening to his responses on foreign policy, he is definitely for more warfare and less welfare. I'm sorry, the more I get to know about Herman Cain, the more concerned I get. He is an establishment politician, which makes sense when one considers he headed the Kansas City branch of the Federal Reserve.

I think he is a smart guy and I would certainly hire him to run my pizza company but I'm not so sure he's the best solution for the country.

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2011, 04:45:53 PM »
Completely honest question:  What exactly is a "Neo-Conservative"?  I've heard the term thrown about for years, but have never heard a definition.  Please enlighten me.

Thanks.

Here's is Wikipedia's version of a Neo-Con:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2011, 04:51:26 PM »
And I have a question for those who criticize Ron Paul's foreign policy views:
If "isolationism" is such a bad thing and only jeopardizes our national security, how come Switzerland hasn't been attacked in a gazillion years? They trade with just about everyone and they don't get in the middle of other countries affairs. Hmmm....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk