Poll

Is the administration right in pulling the majority of US troops out of Iraq this year over the issue of not subjecting our soldiers to Iraqi law?

Yes, we should pull out and honor the wishes of a democratically elected government.
6 (75%)
No, we should keep our troops there regardles of what the Iraqis want as a matter of national security.
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Iraqi Pullout: A Good Idea or a Fiasco?  (Read 5610 times)

mauler

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Iraqi Pullout: A Good Idea or a Fiasco?
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 01:46:32 PM »
You should read the Constitution some time.
Try the link I posted, it's simple enough for any one.
That way you won't sound like such a totally clueless parrot.
Your posts today have been ignorant enough for a college graduate.

Maybe you should try doing some reading yourself.  Perhaps then you wouldn't sound like the burned out crazy uncle that everyone avoids at the family reunion who lashes out at people because someone hasn't changed his Depends on time.

Timothy

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 02:03:14 PM »
Really?  Congress declared war on Iraq?  Ha ha.  You should be banned from ever speaking of the Constitution on this site ever again.  It is scary to think that some people give credence to the stuff you post.

Congress authorized the use of Military forces for the Iraq Resolution.  The man quoted chapter and verse of the Resolution and you're still questioning this?

There was even a court case challenging the Resolution that upheld the law by the Circuit Courts.

Military action was justified based on what we knew at the time, ask Colin Powell!  The fact that he's now changing his tune to support another opinion or political ploy is a moot point.

We're all aware that war hasn't been declared by Congress since 1941 but that didn't stop John Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Regan, George HW Bush or Bill Clinton from using military action against a perceived enemy or terror faction did it?  Hell, even that dimwit peanut farmer probably did as well...

You're welcome to post what you please Mauler but you're becoming a bit of a stalker...never a good sign! 

Koolaid is best drunk with a bit of ice and a shot of common sense.

mauler

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 02:36:20 PM »
Congress authorized the use of Military forces for the Iraq Resolution.  The man quoted chapter and verse of the Resolution and you're still questioning this?

There was even a court case challenging the Resolution that upheld the law by the Circuit Courts.

Military action was justified based on what we knew at the time, ask Colin Powell!  The fact that he's now changing his tune to support another opinion or political ploy is a moot point.

We're all aware that war hasn't been declared by Congress since 1941 but that didn't stop John Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Regan, George HW Bush or Bill Clinton from using military action against a perceived enemy or terror faction did it?  Hell, even that dimwit peanut farmer probably did as well...

You're welcome to post what you please Mauler but you're becoming a bit of a stalker...never a good sign! 

Koolaid is best drunk with a bit of ice and a shot of common sense.

Really?  You appear to be a bit of a jackass.

Timothy

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 02:58:04 PM »
Really?  You appear to be a bit of a jackass.

Maybe so but, I'd rather be an jackass than a misinformed troll.  Guys like you come and go pretty regularly and you're tolerated for the most part.  Enjoy your little slice of notoriety, we've seen it before and there will be hundred more like you once you get bored...

mauler

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 03:00:47 PM »
Maybe so but, I'd rather be an jackass than a misinformed troll.  Guys like you come and go pretty regularly and you're tolerated for the most part.  Enjoy your little slice of notoriety, we've seen it before and there will be hundred more like you once you get bored...

I have a proposal for you.  Do one of two things:  Either be a man and find way to run your mouth to my face or STFU because anything you say to me after this really says "I am a coward who is a real tough guy on the internet".

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:32:08 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 03:06:34 PM »
I have a proposal for you.  Do one of two things:  Either be a man and find way to run your mouth to my face or STFU because anything you say to me after this really says "I am a coward who is a real tough guy on the internet".

Really!  I've made two (2) posts in response to your drivel and that's all it takes for you to threaten me?

I'm a pretty reasonable guy, go back and read my posts.  I'm anything but a hostile internet ninja pal!

Grow up youngster, I'm done here.

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 03:30:48 PM »
I have a proposal for you.  Do one of two things: Either be a man and find way to run your mouth to my face or STFU because anything you say to me after this really says "I am a coward who is a real tough guy on the internet".

Emphatic disagreements are generally just taken in stride here.
This type of comment is the only thing I know of that will get you booted from the site.
As for telling you these things to your face , some one might if you were not hiding behind an anonymous "screen name".
Since Tim and I both put our real names and locations on every post I guess we can tell who the internet cowards are.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 03:57:40 PM »
Gee mauler, what a downward progression to animosity, vitriol, and childish name calling and idle threats, when your responded to with facts, links, historical references, and a wee bit of life exp.

Sounds to me, after reducing all your credibility and "taking the heat" of political debate, you need to get back to the Occupy (whatever town) Group you came from, they have missed you.

For a bit I thought you were not a troll, my bad...

To the OP, from FQ, who can take the heat of political debate, and differing points of view, it's time to leave Iraq, A Diplomatic contingent, (heavily armed) with Close Air Support would be a good idea.. Stockpile MOAB's, for the possibilities of small bits of trouble, and pray we don't need to turn them into polished glass....

Than we can let the UN handle it... ::)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

mauler

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 05:18:11 PM »
Emphatic disagreements are generally just taken in stride here.
This type of comment is the only thing I know of that will get you booted from the site.
As for telling you these things to your face , some one might if you were not hiding behind an anonymous "screen name".
Since Tim and I both put our real names and locations on every post I guess we can tell who the internet cowards are.

My name is Roy Baker.  I live in South Georgia.  You can find me on facebook.  If you want futher information about how to find me feel free to contact me.

mauler

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 05:24:48 PM »
Gee mauler, what a downward progression to animosity, vitriol, and childish name calling and idle threats, when your responded to with facts, links, historical references, and a wee bit of life exp.

Sounds to me, after reducing all your credibility and "taking the heat" of political debate, you need to get back to the Occupy (whatever town) Group you came from, they have missed you.

For a bit I thought you were not a troll, my bad...

To the OP, from FQ, who can take the heat of political debate, and differing points of view, it's time to leave Iraq, A Diplomatic contingent, (heavily armed) with Close Air Support would be a good idea.. Stockpile MOAB's, for the possibilities of small bits of trouble, and pray we don't need to turn them into polished glass....

Than we can let the UN handle it... ::)

So you don't have a problem with the "animosity, vitriol, and childish name calling" coming from Tom and Timothy?  I didn't start any of this bullcrap.  Go back and look at all of my posts if you think I came on here to attack people.  Apparently there is some sort of unwritten rule that it is okay for people to make ad hominem attacks when someone posts facts that makes people think or question their programming.  People who run their mouths and talk to people in a way that they would not do if they were standing in front of the recipient are chickensh*t in my opinion.  I am very mannerly and respectful up to a point, but I don't take kindly to this internet warrior garbage.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk