Author Topic: Two Guns  (Read 5251 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
Re: Two Guns
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 08:06:57 AM »
I'll chime in:

If it's SD, then a full size semi-auto and a very compact semi-auto in center fire calibers.  I'd go with a G17 and a Ruger LCP.  Reasoning that the LCP is very small and concealable and can be carried most anywhere-anytime.  The G17 gives you full size capability with large capacity.   And it can be used in most all action pistol matches including GSSF.

Depending on life style substitute a .22 semi-auto for fun, economy and rimfire matchs.  Or a .357 or .44 revolver for more brute power and walks in the field or hunting.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 08:09:42 AM »
Interesting choices.  It just goes to show everyone has different requirements.  For me, concealed carry and a nightstand gun are my top requirements.  I've distilled it down to a compact double stack 9mm for the nightstand and carry, and a pocket .380 with an extra mag when I can't carry the 9mm.  I used to be more of a revolver guy but more bullets makes more sense  :)
It's a good thing we don't have to limit ourselves, isn't it?   ;D

tekoken

• "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry
  • Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »
That's a tuff question with so many great firearms available these days. I think I would go with a Glock 21 for self defense needs & a .44 magnum with a long barrel for hunting needs.
"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty, teeth and keystone under independence. The church, the plow, the prairie wagon and citizens' firearms are indelibly related. From the hour the pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences and tendencies prove that, to ensure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. Every corner of this land knows firearms, and more than 99 and 99/100 percent of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil influence. They deserve a place of honor with all that's good. When firearms go, all goes. We need them every hour." George Washington

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 12:11:49 PM »
A high capacity 45 ACP full size service gun  (XDM, M&P, FNS etc) and a 22 LR auto (Ruger MkIII).

I have only one hand gun for the reason you stated-money.  Its an XDM in 45 ACP good for HD, SD, CCW, backwoods carry (with Double Tap 255 grain hardcast) and Social work (I like that term Ichiban), my next handgun purchase will be a 22 auto, most likely a Ruger MKIII or 45/22 because they are cheap to shoot, have proven to be reliable and have a lot of aftermarket support.
He who dares wins.  SAS

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 01:28:39 PM »
Going off of my first two handgun purchases, I would be inclined to say Glock 19 and 26; however, I made my purchases knowing I had other future options.  I stand by the 19 (other similar models or manufacturers is must have something different) as it is plenty concealable for me and still large enough to be comfortable shooter.  I would change my second pistol to a 4" or 6" .357.  It brings a little more umph while be versatile enough to shoot multiple calibers.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:26:06 PM »

KLoch11

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 11:59:44 PM »
I would pick one for self defense and another for sport. Honestly a 1911 in .45 would be my self defense pick and for sport it would have to be a break action revolver, just because they are cool.

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 06:15:15 PM »
Torn between
2) GLOCK 17
OR
A GLOCK 17 and a Ruger Security SIx in .357

Yah 2 GLOCK's - Spares are a good thing and no one said we were getting any resupply of parts.

ronlarimer

• Balloon Goes Up
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 05:06:19 PM »
Glock 19 and a PM9
Ron

We do not get to pick when the balloon goes up, only how well prepared we are to deal with it.
Balloon Goes Up

tommy tornado

• Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 09:17:19 PM »
4-inch 629 and a Glock 19.

warhawke

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 12:05:03 AM »
My current choice would be an XD40sc and an XD40 Tactical
Same mags, same parts, same bullets, just one to carry concealed and one for open carry in the boonies (with better performance from the 5" barrel) I might have switched to the XDm40's but I have the sc already and the XDm's have had some teething issues.

I considered getting a CZ SP01 to go with my CZ75 compact (in .40) but I cannot do the gunsmith work on the CZ and the compact is too heavy to EDC.

I would have gotten a Sig P226 and P229, but the mags are not compatible (the P224 and the P229 are neat but I don't see the 229 as a full size service weapon and I'm just not feeling the P250)

I would consider a full size 1911 and a Officers model size with an alloy or Titanium frames but don't have that kind of bread, nor can I get them in .40, nor does single-stack mags blow my kilt up anymore.

Taurus 24/7 OSS and a Millennium Pro might work, but Taurus has too many issues.   

The Styer M-A1 and S-A1 would have been nice, but they have issues as well and the 1/2" difference in barrel length is not worth the effort, the same could be said for the Ruger SR40 and SR40c.

In case you haven't noticed I put a lot of thought into this very subject recently. I did not consider a set of Glocks, mostly because I do not like Glocks they simply do not fit me. I want the different pistols for different purposes and I don't want two different types and calibers of weapon.
"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"
(The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety)
Virgil

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk