Author Topic: New Member Intro  (Read 780540 times)

tombogan03884

Re: New Member Intro
« Reply #1270 on: July 30, 2009, 08:54:04 PM »
I know all the colors in the crayola box.
The LITTLE crayola box  ;D

Timothy

« Reply #1271 on: July 30, 2009, 09:00:40 PM »
What is it you guys do for a living again??  ;D
Ecru?!!   I had to google it!!

I'm a 6'1" 265# engineer sort a guy!  I had to google ecru myself.... :)

No, I'm not a "closet" interior designer.  I don't even like it when my wife moves a piece of furniture!

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1272 on: July 30, 2009, 09:03:48 PM »
I only know 10 different colors. For me ecru doesn't exist.

I know all the colors in the crayola box.
The LITTLE crayola box  ;D

Yep the 8 colors in the little Crayola box, Frank has me beat.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Johnny Bravo

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1273 on: July 31, 2009, 05:00:37 PM »
"Howdy" Ghostman and Dave. Welcome. I'm a newby to the sight. It's an awsome sight and most of the members are great guys. I think you will like it.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1274 on: July 31, 2009, 06:44:50 PM »
If we are gonna get all technical, there are only three true colors: red, yellow and blue.  White and black are shades.  Using varying combinations of the above you can get "bastardized" colors in various shades or tints with the addition of white and black. 

So....  you only really need three to five in your "crayon box" and you can get to all the others.

BTW ecru is used a bunch in crossword puzzles.  Think of a very light tan.

Just an aside, there are actual jobs where people coordinate the on-screen color to the actual output color in digital printing.  The red you see on screen may not be the red that the printer puts out.  People get paid more than you think they should to keep output consistent with display.  Yeah, I'm a bit of a nerd...
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

Sponsor

« Reply #1275 on: Today at 04:55:25 AM »

BigE

• Everett
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #1275 on: August 02, 2009, 02:27:37 AM »
UUUUUUUHHHHHHH----What the heck has the number of colors got to do with new member check-in???  ???
HI, I am new here, but not really new to guns. My DW for a long time did not want guns in the house, so for quite a few years I did not own any. I inherited several rifles and pistols after both my father and step-father passed away, so she finally gave in and I have since bought several pistols , and I even gotten her to the range a few times.
She did request that I get a gun safe because our five year old grandson lives with us, tuff sale(hehe)I worked in retail, and yes ecru is a color to women, but it looks like light beige to me!  ;D ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #1276 on: August 02, 2009, 07:59:39 AM »
UUUUUUUHHHHHHH----What the heck has the number of colors got to do with new member check-in???  ???
HI, I am new here, but not really new to guns. My DW for a long time did not want guns in the house, so for quite a few years I did not own any. I inherited several rifles and pistols after both my father and step-father passed away, so she finally gave in and I have since bought several pistols , and I even gotten her to the range a few times.
She did request that I get a gun safe because our five year old grandson lives with us, tuff sale(hehe)I worked in retail, and yes ecru is a color to women, but it looks like light beige to me!  ;D ;D

Never mind "Swine flu" it's a scam, the REAL pandemic, here any way, is thread drift.
It may be a short attention span thing.   ;D

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1277 on: August 02, 2009, 11:18:47 AM »
Welcome BigE.  Hope you like it here.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1079
« Reply #1278 on: August 02, 2009, 10:07:05 PM »
Been slippin' a bit lately.....WELCOME to all the new members.....glad you decided to enter the big top center ring.       ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Johnny Bravo

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1279 on: August 02, 2009, 10:28:30 PM »
Welcome Big E. Glad to have a fellow Texan and Arlington resident join. This is a fantastic sight. It takes a little while to catch on so stick with us.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk