Author Topic: Glock User  (Read 20738 times)

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Glock User
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2008, 09:26:15 PM »
I started out with a G23  (Gen 2) that I've had since 1995.  My wife liked it much better than the 1911 I got later so she got a G17 in 2002.  She never shoots it but I use it for USPSA Production and IDPA SSP fairly regularly.  I am planning on getting Warren sights for both eventually.  The 23 gets the tritium two dot and the 17 the plain rear and fiber optic front.

The oldest wants the M&P9 since she doesn't fit the Glocks very well.  I am looking for a new USPSA Limited gun and have been leaning towards the 35 that I would LOVE to get an aluminum CCF Raceframe for.  If the planets align and my CCW is approved (not likely, in MD) I'll get a 26 for carry.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2008, 08:40:12 AM »
I started out with a G23  (Gen 2) that I've had since 1995.  My wife liked it much better than the 1911 I got later so she got a G17 in 2002.  She never shoots it but I use it for USPSA Production and IDPA SSP fairly regularly.  I am planning on getting Warren sights for both eventually.  The 23 gets the tritium two dot and the 17 the plain rear and fiber optic front.

The oldest wants the M&P9 since she doesn't fit the Glocks very well.  I am looking for a new USPSA Limited gun and have been leaning towards the 35 that I would LOVE to get an aluminum CCF Raceframe for.  If the planets align and my CCW is approved (not likely, in MD) I'll get a 26 for carry.

It carries very well. I carry a 26 just about everywhere I legally can.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

CurrieS103

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2008, 08:42:46 AM »
Duty weapon is now a G17 (was a G19) and a G30 for concealed carry (was a Kimber Ultra Carry)
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2008, 02:24:25 PM »
Yup! Got a GLOCK 30 on my desk as I type!!! I've also shot a G21 (My favorite GLOCK.), a G23 (Very Nice.), and a G36 (Which I didn't like the feel of and couldn't shoot that well with.). I'd like to get a G21 sooner or later.  8)
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

Galeth005

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2008, 02:25:22 PM »
i carry a glock 22 for duty a 27 as a back up and concealed on my days off i cary the 27 or my taurus .38
Don't let their IGNORANCE take away YOUR rights!!!

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 11:43:35 PM »

steveodarko

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2009, 01:33:59 AM »
I love my glocks!I have a 3rd gen glock22,and a glock 30sf.I had a glock 21 but sold it,was the biggest mistake ever!So with my tax check this year i'm gonna buy another one! 8)

Kilroy

• Active Forum Member
  • JAFMP
  • Liked:
Re: Glock User - Glock 22 with Rough Texture Frame
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2009, 08:22:08 AM »
Had a chance to shoot and watch others shoot a Glock 22 with the Rough Texture Frame. We fired several hundred rounds through the pistol, bare handed and with gloves. The new frame texture seemed to work quite well in keeping the hand in place on the frame, yet easy to shift the grip by releasing grip tension. Noted by all the shooters was the security offered while wearing gloves. Nomex fiber knit, Hatch leather and kevlar, and assorted other types of leather gloves, all found a more secure grip when compared to a current "conventional" grip texture Glock frame. I ran water over my hands and found the new texture offering a very secure grip in spite of the moisture. All of these circumstances were compared to the "conventional" grip texture and the RTF was found to be superior in all cases. The new slide serrations were about 50/50 in opinions as to whether it was an improvement.

Glock 23 is expected to be the next pistol offered in this RTF finish. Others to follow.

I would guess the service life of the texture will depend on what is exposed to the various textured areas. The texture is applied to the sides, including the "thumb rests", the finger grooves and the back strap. I'd expect not all of those areas will be exposed to wear. An obvious candidate would be the lower end of the sides, that are exposed by the holster.

We also fired the 21 and 30, in the SF versions. Probably not a smart move for me, as I can see a new Glock 30 in my immediate future. A ported Glock 18 rounded out the event, with much full auto fun.
Kilroy...

...was here.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2009, 08:37:56 AM »
Nice debrief...... How did you come about getting the chance to have time with the new textured Glock?
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

weatherbyman

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2009, 12:39:10 PM »
what is the sf designation on the glocks

Kilroy

• Active Forum Member
  • JAFMP
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2009, 12:57:28 PM »
...... How did you come about getting the chance to have time with the new textured Glock?

Glock actually shipped a number of the new pistols to distributors.  This sample was the reps gun.
Kilroy...

...was here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk