Author Topic: New Glock and new to Glocks  (Read 5506 times)

SJPrice

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Glock and new to Glocks
« on: September 10, 2012, 02:41:14 PM »
Well after years of avoiding the purchase of a Glock and asking to handle them occasionally at the dealer and finding that they did not fit my hand well at all because I have small hands, I asked to handle a Glock 27 Gen 4 a few weeks ago.  After the dealer added Pearce extensions to the mags, I walked out of the store with  new potential carry gun.  After roughly 400 rounds of practice ammo I have switched my carry gun to the Glock 27.  It is a great, easy, reliable, clean comfortable to carry, comfortable to shoot, accurate carry gun.  I added and or changed a couple of things including a Lasermax guide rod laser, and Tru-Glo TFO (tritium fiber optic night sights) a few more extended magazines and a Galco King Tuk holster.  The new Gen 4 grip fits my hand better than the M&P 40C did and it conceals almost as easy as my Kimber SOLO CDP.  I guess the best thing I can say about this experience is the Glock seems to be simple elegance.  Not sure why I added this post except to share my experience and satisfaction.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: New Glock and new to Glocks
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 03:45:05 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, SJ.....  Glock fans are especially welcome here and the reports of their experience with their Glock are especially welcome as well.

Of course, those 1911 fans and their stories are especially welcome too...and those wheel gun fans and, well,  all those other any kind of gun fans are especially welcome too.

Glad to hear the 27 won it's place with you.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 471
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 04:30:05 PM »
Welcome SJ.   Always nice to hear from others about what works for them.

I'm a bit of a gad-fly.   Some Glock, some wheel gun, very little 1911.

While I'm on the GSSF site a lot, I rarely go to the Glock "gun" site.  Out of curiosity I visited it after reading your post.    And here are some interesting things I'd not noticed before.

The .380s (G25 and 28) are only available to LEOs.

The Slimeline .45ACP (G36) is smaller than the .380s!   WOW!  Wish they'd make a slimeline in 9mm
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 06:10:13 PM »
Congrats, SJ.

I really like my G27 (mine's not the Gen 4). Very accurate foe a short barreled gun.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 10:50:13 PM »
Welcome to the darkside! I love my G26 to pieces. The G26/G27 are great guns and very accurate for their size. You made a good call.
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:06:11 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 11:15:38 PM »
Glock, 1911, revolver, whatever.
New gun is new gun ;D

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 11:26:05 PM »
I too carry the 27. (180gr Short Barrel Gold Dots)

I really wish I could find a 26 at a good smokin, 'are you sure this isn't stolen' price.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 12:53:49 AM »
Welcome SJ.   Always nice to hear from others about what works for them.

I'm a bit of a gad-fly.   Some Glock, some wheel gun, very little 1911.

While I'm on the GSSF site a lot, I rarely go to the Glock "gun" site.  Out of curiosity I visited it after reading your post.    And here are some interesting things I'd not noticed before.

The .380s (G25 and 28) are only available to LEOs.

The Slimeline .45ACP (G36) is smaller than the .380s!   WOW!  Wish they'd make a slimeline in 9mm

Any idea why the .380s are LEO only? That just seems weird as its not a common LEO caliber. I mean, even for a bug, there are 9s and .40s almost as small. And why restrict it unless its FA like the G33?
FQ13

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 09:15:54 AM »
I too carry the 27. (180gr Short Barrel Gold Dots)

I really wish I could find a 26 at a good smokin, 'are you sure this isn't stolen' price.

My dad "lent" me his G26 so my daughter could shoot USPSA with me... nah.... she's gonna use the clubs G17 and I need to get a IWB holster for a G26  ;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 09:21:11 AM »
Any idea why the .380s are LEO only? That just seems weird as its not a common LEO caliber. I mean, even for a bug, there are 9s and .40s almost as small. And why restrict it unless its FA like the G33?
FQ13

I believe because they are blow-back design and that does bad things on making the needed import ability score for handguns.

Glock ships guns with very cheap adjustable sights because they score better than fixed sights.  The fixed sights replace the cheap ones after the guns arrive in the US.

The reason Glock doesn't manufacture it's guns in the US and avoid that BS is because of the excellent Tenifer treatment applied to the major metal parts.  It uses toxic materials and is not likely to be approved for use here.

Question should be,  Why doesn't Glock develop a recoil operated compact and inexpensive .380 like Kel-tec spurred?

For more info on what is done to make the import grade, look here:

http://www.saysuncle.com/2005/12/15/on_gun_laws_that_are_dumb/

Even though it is stated at that link that the .380 caliber is the reason for not making the points, a blow-back .380 only scores 72 points where a locked breech .380 would score 77 points.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk