Author Topic: Who Or What Can We Declare War On ?  (Read 13051 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
Who Or What Can We Declare War On ?
« on: September 25, 2012, 02:43:37 PM »
Can the United States only declare war on countries, or would it be possible for us to declare war on a certain group of people, (i.e. muslims)? Muslims exist throughout the world. But if they posed a significant threat to the United States and it's citizens in general, would it be possible for Congress to declare war on just them, regardless of where they lived?

tombogan03884

Re: Who Or What Can We Declare War On ?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 03:07:34 PM »
Well, the US gov has declared war on poverty, drugs and terrorism, but declaring war on Muslims would be racist profiling and the striped pants faggots would never stand for that.
It's why TSA is a bad joke.

deepwater

• SNIPE
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 10:27:45 PM »
I'm not sure if it's unfortunate or not... but the first amendment protects religion... excuse me,... is supposed to protect religion and the freedom of choice thereof. unless you're a Christian.. then your just racist.. right? isn't that what we have been told?

deep
YOU CAN TEACH A MONKEY HOW TO RIDE A BICYCLE: BUT YOU CAN'T TEACH HIM HOW TO FIX IT!!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 02:59:13 AM »
Actually when it was written it was so you could be one of many christain faiths.    my $.02   as long as you are not hurting anyone else, you can worshop what every you like.  Just don't force your beliefs on me.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 04:37:15 AM »
as long as you are not hurting anyone else, you can worshop what every you like.  Just don't force your beliefs on me.

Therein lies the problem, and the reason we've been lighting up so many muslims lately.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:50:39 AM »

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 08:27:33 AM »
I'm not sure if it's unfortunate or not... but the first amendment protects religion... excuse me,... is supposed to protect religion and the freedom of choice thereof. unless you're a Christian.. then your just racist.. right? isn't that what we have been told?

deep

The wording promises freedom of religion, not freedomfrom religion.  The BoR specifically prohibits the state from establishing a religion and banning others. 

That would at least suggest that we can't declare war on mooslums. 

However, islam is more than just a religion--it is a form of government, sharia, that is antithetical to democracy.  These idiots want to establish a caliphate to rule the world under sharia.

We have, at certain times in our country's history, made war on ideologies that are antithetical to our way of life.  The "cold" war could serve as an example.

So, it shouldn't be a big step to declare war on mooslums in general.  It will never happen, but it could.

And while I am on my rant here, I am sick to death of all this talk about the difference between extremist mooslums and moderate mooslums.  They read from the same book and their faith calls for conversion by the sword.  Their holy book requires them to kill Jews and (here's where interpretation comes into play) may or may not call for the killing of Christians.

To me, that means the "moderate" ones may or may not want to kill me and mine. 

I'm not interested in having that discussion with any of these b@st@rds. 

FWIW
Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 08:40:42 AM »
The "War On Drugs" along with the "War On Poverty" were not really "official" declarations of war, in that they were never voted on by Congress. At least not in the way WW II was declared on Japan.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 08:42:39 AM »
The "War On Drugs" along with the "War On Poverty" were not really "official" declarations of war, in that they were never voted on by Congress. At least not in the way WW II was declared on Japan.

Neither were Vietnam or Obama's adventure in Libya.

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 09:54:42 AM »
We can't declare war on Muslims because many Americans are Muslim. We can't be killing Americans without due process, right. So, we can't shoot, kill, maim, Hellfire or UAV any Americans to death. That is what our Justice Department stands for, doesn't it? They will arrest and bring to justice any American that kills other Americans without due process, won't they? That's the American way, the fair and balanced way.

And if we let the Muslims kill off all the Jews, who is their next target? Those who "walk beside them" I suppose. Wonder who'd that be? Should we start practicing 5 degrees of separation between Christians and Jews?

I know, our Justice Department could charge Muslims with "hate crimes" and due process them out of existence! Would that be genocide? Only the U.N. knows...and The Hague. Didn't some President say we should stay away from foreign entanglements? Is it too late to start?

Satire should be funny and ironic, but somehow I don't think this situation is either.

Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 11:09:15 AM »
We can't declare war on Muslims because many Americans are Muslim. We can't be killing Americans without due process, right. So, we can't shoot, kill, maim, Hellfire or UAV any Americans to death. That is what our Justice Department stands for, doesn't it? They will arrest and bring to justice any American that kills other Americans without due process, won't they? That's the American way, the fair and balanced way.

And if we let the Muslims kill off all the Jews, who is their next target? Those who "walk beside them" I suppose. Wonder who'd that be? Should we start practicing 5 degrees of separation between Christians and Jews?

I know, our Justice Department could charge Muslims with "hate crimes" and due process them out of existence! Would that be genocide? Only the U.N. knows...and The Hague. Didn't some President say we should stay away from foreign entanglements? Is it too late to start?

Satire should be funny and ironic, but somehow I don't think this situation is either.

Isaid that a while back after they used a hellfire on an American born Al Queda member and caught hell for it.
Funny part was some of the ones that had no problem with it were among the ones who went bat shit over NDAA.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk